What's the strangest thing you've ever eaten?

• 1 year later...

insects in Thailand and mainland South East Asia. They're almost like a delicacy in Thailand ; in fact, it's quite boom business at the moment and insect farmers from Isan are making quite a lot of money trapping and fattening the creatures to sell in markets in Bangkok to their more affluent compatriots.

it's one of the few items in that country where farangs, or white-skinned foreigners, pay LESS than locals do. The vendors know that unlike with the Thais, these items are not regarded as the nutritious food source they are, that the farang customers have reservations about eating them for reasons they cannot really comprehend, and they consequently charge them less.

The strangest thing I've ever eaten was a mopane worm:

http://www.limpopoled.com/images/MopaniWorm.jpg

Hasten to add it had been fried first.

What did you think to it? I wasn't impressed at all with them, tasted horrible! :gag:

I did eat the mopani worm, but I actually think the weirdest thing I've ever eaten is coyote meat on an indian reservation in America.

Archived