Is racism on the increase?

No its not . The scourge of political correctness is whats on the rise , encouraging some people to play the race card over the slightest little thing . The H&M advert is the perfect example of this.

God knows how these people would have gone on in the 70`s. They would probably have self combust.

God knows how these people would have gone on in the 70`s. They would probably have self combust.

Tell me about your perception of the 70's; do you see them as a kind of golden age when everything was alright with the world?

No its not . The scourge of political correctness is whats on the rise , encouraging some people to play the race card over the slightest little thing . The H&M advert is the perfect example of this.

According to Government statistics:

In 2016/17, there were 80,393 offences recorded by the police in which one or more hate crime strands were deemed to be a motivating factor. This was an increase of 29 per cent compared with the 62,518 hate crimes recorded in 2015/16, the largest percentage increase seen since the series began in 2011/12..... 78% of the total were race hate crimes

Amnesty International have published some accounts of 5 victims of hate crimes. I've posted a link to these below.

https://www.amnesty.org.uk/blogs/ether/hate-crimes-uk-victims-stories#comments-expand

As Amnesty themselves say, these accounts

are but a small example of the sort of very real hostility many people deal with every day.

Nothing to do with political correctness.

Edited by Mister M

If an individual doesn't perceive an incident or act to be racist then that should be the end of the matter & nobody else should be aggrieved on their behalf. Clearly this is not the case in the fallout of the H & M advert:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-42708157

The family of the boy model have has to move homes & the child's mother has been attacked by other black people for not condemning H & M.

Some of my friends have posted about racist abuse in the last year, having never have experienced it before.

A friend from Manchester had "go back home ****" shouted at her, she's Chinese in origin, and happens to be a Dr. (The starred word is not a racial epithet for a Chinese person, but instead a Pakistani, giving you an idea of just how intelligent the shoutee was).

Edited by Cyclone

Jo Marney, 25, said 'black American' Meghan will 'taint' the British Royal Family

did she say that? or has the Black American, which is in quotes been added by the mail

---------- Post added 16-01-2018 at 21:39 ----------

apart from the generic fair question, I don't get the links?

I think she did say it, or something very similar. Given that the leader of UKIP has nearly lost his position due to it, and that's even though he's dumped her like a hot potato.

it quite important distinction, if the"Black American" was in the tweet or was not.

The Pakistani/indian hatred thing is not due to racism as both are the same ethnic race. :hihi:

Not all Pakistanis hate indians or vice versa so I think your wrong there.

No but its a really convenient tool used to make Asians look racist.

---------- Post added 16-01-2018 at 22:56 ----------

Tell me about your perception of the 70's; do you see them as a kind of golden age when everything was alright with the world?

Mass strikes, financial crashes, the IRA, power cuts, terrible racism and sexism, yeah the 70s were brill.