One cup kettle?

My jug kettle requires 2.5 cups of water to cover the element.

The element is rated at 2.2kW

To boil 3 cups of water (675mL) takes 2 minutes 6 seconds.

Present cost of electricty 13.02 pence / kWH (including VAT)

Cost per second = 13.02/3600 = 0.0036167

Cost to boil 3 cups of water = 186 * 0.0036167 = 0.673 pence.

So you might save a few tenths of a penny, but the thing costs you 20 quid more to buy in the first place :hihi::hihi::hihi:

I have gas and when i make a cup of tea I fill my cup with the required amount of water and add it to a medium sized saucepan putting the lid on.

Takes around 2 minutes to boil.

Who needs materialism when there's a simple solution?

My sister just boils the minimum amount; but these kettles are a different kettle of fish.

They seem to have more power, but do they use less electric.

She sounds a smart cookie, I do the same.

On the same subject have you seen those Quooker flex taps that has instant boiling water, that seems expensive and rather dangerous anyone have one?

She sounds a smart cookie, I do the same.

On the same subject have you seen those Quooker flex taps that has instant boiling water, that seems expensive and rather dangerous anyone have one?

I would consider having a Quooker tap if I have my kitchen done again. I would have it beside the coffee maker just o make tea and coffee, not by the side of an ordinary sink where you wash your hands and dishes etc. I would be concerned about someone getting scalded.

• 2 weeks later...
Used to have a girlfriend who's dad, who was minted, used to measure cups into the kettle depending how many he was making. Hated boiling a bit too much, it cost money for nowt... No wonder he was minted...

I used to work for a man who was minted, he used to re-use the tea bags!!!!!

This is a little off topic but since tea-bags are getting a bit of attention:

Don't put tea-bags on the compost heap or in the compost bin, the bags are made out of plastic and

do not decompose. Instead cut the used bags open, put tea with your vegetable waste and the bags

in the general waste bin.

I use Fairtrade tea-bags from Sainsburys mainly because I find those the easiest to cut open and

extract the tea.