Jogging in the road

MyGirl

Whilst driving the other day down Fox Lane between the cricket club and the tram lines, I had to negotiate 2 joggers, not unusual.

However, they were in the road, side by side and with their back to the traffic. They seemed to be 'older' gentlemen as well. The bizarre thing about this, is that the pavement there is extra wide, clear and well surfaced. Why are they risking their lives running in the road with a perfectly suitable pavement? :loopy:

Also, my son who is 11, knows to never walk in the road unless you are facing the oncoming traffic.

Runners do run on the road quite often though I'm not sure why but they usually run facing traffic coming towards them rather than behind them.

Rivelin Valley road is another one they run on but that has a cycle lane.

Pathments can actually be lethal when jogging I tripped on the one at Damflask a few months ago severely damaging my leg so in a way road running for me is a safer option

Whilst driving the other day down Fox Lane between the cricket club and the tram lines, I had to negotiate 2 joggers, not unusual.

However, they were in the road, side by side and with their back to the traffic. They seemed to be 'older' gentlemen as well. The bizarre thing about this, is that the pavement there is extra wide, clear and well surfaced. Why are they risking their lives running in the road with a perfectly suitable pavement? :loopy:

Also, my son who is 11, knows to never walk in the road unless you are facing the oncoming traffic.

Some people are just plain thick. Sounds like your son has more common sense than these two adults combined.

Runners do run on the road quite often though I'm not sure why but they usually run facing traffic coming towards them rather than behind them.

Pathments can actually be lethal when jogging I tripped on the one at Damflask a few months ago severely damaging my leg so in a way road running for me is a safer option

If "pathments" isn't a word then it should be. I like it.

It doesn't have a cycle lane. It has an area to the left that is orange, and full of debris.

You run with traffic coming towards you so you can spot any pillocks heading straight for you rather than waiting for them to break you elbow with their wing mirror (or worse).