Amazon to open first ever checkout free store

test all you like, technology DOES go wrong from time to time

Best keep your receipt and make they don’t overcharge you then!

Or you can use Amazon’s online chat and give ‘em hell!

I did that when they screwed up my next-day delivery and missed my deadline; they refunded the delivery charge :roll:

Best keep your receipt and make they don’t overcharge you then!

Or you can use Amazon’s online chat and give ‘em hell!

I did that when they screwed up my next-day delivery and missed my deadline; they refunded the delivery charge :roll:

thats it, i dont think you get a reciept?? you pick someat up and its added to yer bill, you leave the shop with the goods, then a day later or whatever you get a credit card bill?

thats it, i dont think you get a reciept?? you pick someat up and its added to yer bill, you leave the shop with the goods, then a day later or whatever you get a credit card bill?

From the article:

With the help of sensors on the shelves, items are added to customers' Amazon Go account as they pick them up - and delete any they put back. An electronic receipt is issued as they exit.

But does electronic receipt mean a printed receipt, or an emailed one?

I know some supermarkets are trialling scan as you shop (like the large one on spital hill) and I’m all in favour of anything that reduces time spent waiting in a queue . . .

It's just another step towards no jobs left, other than highly skilled ones, or ones in India for $10 a day.

Human labour is almost always the most expensive thing for companies, and the giants are the most likely succeed in this. Same as always in any business, in any form of society.

Efficiency.

I think this is just awful. Talk about Big Brother...This will be a case of the computer is always right. Yet computers are not infallible, it can say you bought anything, and I doubt the customer will have a chance to argue. How do you prove you did or didn't?

From the article:

With the help of sensors on the shelves, items are added to customers' Amazon Go account as they pick them up - and delete any they put back. An electronic receipt is issued as they exit.

But does electronic receipt mean a printed receipt, or an emailed one?

I know some supermarkets are trialling scan as you shop (like the large one on spital hill) and I’m all in favour of anything that reduces time spent waiting in a queue . . .

I too would like to know the answer to that. You need some sort of receipt there and then to sort any mistakes before you leave the shop, otherwise you've no proof.

It's just another step towards no jobs left, other than highly skilled ones, or ones in India for $10 a day.

Human labour is almost always the most expensive thing for companies, and the giants are the most likely succeed in this. Same as always in any business, in any form of society.

Efficiency.

yeah and amazon seem to be pushing it all

Checkoutless shops

driverless cars

drones (so therell be less human delivery), drones will be flying themselves soon

yeah and amazon seem to be pushing it all

Checkoutless shops

driverless cars

drones (so therell be less human delivery), drones will be flying themselves soon

Everybody already knows where this ultimately leads.

May I present to you:Buy N Large, with its checkout less shops patrolled by morbidly obese shoppers on their driverless mobility scooter-cars (click on img at link for larger version).

Great visionaries satirists, the Pixar people are ;)

Edited by L00b

Everybody already knows where this ultimately leads.

May I present to you:Buy N Large, with its checkout less shops patrolled by morbidly obese shoppers on their driverless mobility scooter-cars (click on img at link for larger version).

Great visionaries satirists, the Pixar people are ;)

---------- Post added 29-01-2018 at 13:11 ----------

People in Northern England and the Midlands most likely to lose their jobs because of automation / robots

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-42810898

Roles in shops, administration and warehouses are the most at risk.