The Mottram Moor saga

This new thread is intended to be an updating of news about the long-overdue bypass. It was occasioned by an e-mail that I received today from Highways England (perhaps the new name for the Highways Agency) and which referred me to http://roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/a57a628-trans-pennine-programme/ where I read:

Further to the public consultation we held in April 2017, we announced the preferred package that will be taken forward as part of the Trans-Pennine Upgrade Programme in November 2017.

The following documents are now available to read.

Preferred route announcement leaflet: this details the preferred package being taken forward and explains how we reached that decision

Public consultation report: this is the full technical analysis of the public consultation

We will continue to conduct surveys and investigations to allow us to make further informed decisions on the scheme. The Mottram Moor and A57(T) to A57 link roads element of this scheme is classed as a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project under the Planning Act 2008 and will require us to apply for a Development Consent Order (DCO) before it can be built. To inform our application for a DCO we will hold a statutory public consultation by summer 2018 to get your feedback.

We expect construction work to start by spring 2020.

So don't hold your breath!

This new thread is intended to be an updating of news about the long-overdue bypass. It was occasioned by an e-mail that I received today from Highways England (perhaps the new name for the Highways Agency) and which referred me to http://roads.highways.gov.uk/projects/a57a628-trans-pennine-programme/ where I read:

Further to the public consultation we held in April 2017, we announced the preferred package that will be taken forward as part of the Trans-Pennine Upgrade Programme in November 2017.

The following documents are now available to read.

Preferred route announcement leaflet: this details the preferred package being taken forward and explains how we reached that decision

Public consultation report: this is the full technical analysis of the public consultation

We will continue to conduct surveys and investigations to allow us to make further informed decisions on the scheme. The Mottram Moor and A57(T) to A57 link roads element of this scheme is classed as a Nationally Significant Infrastructure Project under the Planning Act 2008 and will require us to apply for a Development Consent Order (DCO) before it can be built. To inform our application for a DCO we will hold a statutory public consultation by summer 2018 to get your feedback.

We expect construction work to start by spring 2020.

So don't hold your breath!

Have i read it right? A little duel carriage way round mottrom then its back to the woodhead where nothing has changed? It doesnt avoid hollingworth so theres another bottle neck.

Ladies and gentlemen, the northern powerhouse.......

Have i read it right? A little duel carriage way round mottrom then its back to the woodhead where nothing has changed? It doesnt avoid hollingworth so theres another bottle neck.

The problem is the Peak District National Park Authority - you will never find a more wretched hive of NIMBY and GOML's

If the PDNPA wasn't there the M67 would be built all the way to Sheffield by now.

The problem is the Peak District National Park Authority - you will never find a more wretched hive of NIMBY and GOML's

If the PDNPA wasn't there the M67 would be built all the way to Sheffield by now.

If it were built, it would vastly reduce the Mottram Moor congestion pollution.

Public Consultation??

I don't remember seeing anything about that?

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 17:35 ----------

The sensible thing there would be to remove the traffic lights at the A57/A628 junction, or even block it off to prevent stop/start traffic.

The queue up the hill to Mottram (towards Manchester) is largely caused by the lights at the Stalybride Road Junction. Coupled with the M67/60 junction improvement work, this should drastically improve journey times across Snake Pass into Manchester from what they were a few years ago.

Meanwhile in London the Government are happy to spend billions on Crossrail and all the new tunnels required for it . Yet they cannot find the money to refurbish and reopen the Woodhead tunnel.

Hiya Penny, you alright flower :wave:

What else can I say about Tory voters in the North?

Blooming idiots, the lot of them

The queue up the hill to Mottram (towards Manchester) is largely caused by the lights at the Stalybride Road Junction. Coupled with the M67/60 junction improvement work, this should drastically improve journey times across Snake Pass into Manchester from what they were a few years ago.

Im not saying it wont help. But it wont help as much as it could. Im south east side of sheffield so I dont use the Snake I use the woodhead and little will change. A bit but not alot.

---------- Post added 22-01-2018 at 21:41 ----------

Theyve got a job to do, and I dont blame them for doing it. A tunnel, albeit a pricey one would have been best.

Public Consultation??

I don't remember seeing anything about that?

I remember seeing a couple of large banners tied to lampposts years ago:

HELD UP?

DON’T BLAME DICK TURPIN!

BUILD A BYPASS NOW!

This was back when the houses in the villages were lived in by owner-occupiers, not the weekend / holiday homes they seem to be now.