Whisky for birthday present.

Get him some Japanese Suntory Whisky. We got some for a brother in law. Apparently its really good but pretty powerful stuff.

Flippin eck! Just checked the prices, that's gone up a bit!

They've had a supply issue for a few years now, prices have gone crazy.

I read that as if "no brainer" was a brand name. If it's not, it should be.
For tequila perhaps, but surely not for whisky? ;):D

I am reliably informed by Mrs L00b and my Dad, both serious whisky connoisseurs, that the best whisky they've drank in years, was sold by, and acquired direct from, Berry Brothers in London (own brand, in a hand-labelled, numbered bottle).

Don't ask me for more specifics, it was a one-off as a present, quite some years ago (I don't recognise the bottle on any of their current OB range, I think it might have been a limited edition or something; it wasn't cheap, but it wasn't mega-, mega-bucks either, perhaps around the £100-, £120-ish mark?)

Edited by L00b

Its so subjective. My hubby used to like quite peaty whiskey but now doesn't. These might have taster bottles or do vouchers. Ive used Masters of Malt:

https://www.masterofmalt.com/?msclkid=de0eb0ce3c071c84683ceaa649a46108&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=MASTER_OF_MALT_UK&utm_term=%2Bmasterofmalt&utm_content=ATOM_MASTER_OF_MALT&gclid=CPiyj-jG8NgCFY7MGwodGmoKeg&gclsrc=ds