Rats under the floorboards

My mate works for Environmental Health and he says Shiregreen is at the moment in the grip of a bit of a rat epidemic, they are absolutely pulled out with it on that estate.

---------- Post added 25-01-2018 at 22:20 ----------

Rat control I think is for free to anyone, its mice you would pay for.

My friend who lives across the road from me had a rat problem, Im fairly sure it cost her around £60 for the council to sort it.

Edit to add...

Looks like it was £70 (free if youre on benefits) ...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/public-health/pest-control.html

Edited by nikki-red

My friend who lives across the road from me had a rat problem, Im fairly sure it cost her around £60 for the council to sort it.

Edit to add...

Looks like it was £70 (free if youre on benefits) ...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/home/public-health/pest-control.html

£70, thats a fair amount, they are hard to get shut off sometimes, do you have to pay for the follow up or is it 70 quid a visit ?

Got rats under living room floorboards, it seen them but seem their huge droppings through the cracks, our dog keeps going crazy, jumping about and growling. We have put some poison down there but not doing much at moment, they are eating it though. Due to have new carpets this weekend too so couldn't have happened at a worse time. Anyone else had a rat problem?

Your right about it couldn’t have happened at a worse time. Hope you managed to get rid of the rats before you had your carpets fitted.