Equal pay for women wasn't supposed to be like this

After the recent BBC storm about women presenters not being paid as much, four of the highest paid BBC men have volunteered to take a pay cut. I also happen to know 3 professional companies where pay cuts for men are being seriously looked at so that male / female pay is equalised without affecting their business viability.

Way to go 3rd wave feminists! Be careful what you wish for because you might just get it. Maybe don't arrange the Easter ski trip just yet.

on a similar note i noticed this yesterday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42817623

Greed springs to mind, it did make me laugh.

Mo'Nique is calling for a boycott of Netflix after the company allegedly offered her less money than Amy Schumer and Chris Rock for a comedy special.

The comedian, an Oscar winner, claims Netflix is guilty of gender and racial bias.

now i may be stupid but isnt Chris Rock black? and Amy Schumers female so............

I remember my last job well, my female predecessor was paid significantly more than me, worked less hours than me, and was rubbish at the job.

I eventually quit, in my own uniquely fabulously spectacular style :D

Aren't the people who decided to either under pay the women or over pay men to blame?

Or have they been infiltrated by these radfems too?

I assume they were on the type of jobs where they were assessed on merit.

Who should be paid the most, should it be based on popularity? That is what the commercial channels base pay on.

I assume they were on the type of jobs where they were assessed on merit.

Who should be paid the most, should it be based on popularity? That is what the commercial channels base pay on.

Sounds fair. Or according to capability, suitability.

They need a pay system based on something definable.

That's just it, in the entertainment industry there cannot possibly be equal pay, even between men, never mind between men and women, because quantifying what an individual, man or woman, is worth is entirely subjective.

---------- Post added 27-01-2018 at 08:03 ----------

on a similar note i noticed this yesterday

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/newsbeat-42817623

Greed springs to mind, it did make me laugh.

now i may be stupid but isnt Chris Rock black? and Amy Schumers female so............

:hihi: unbelievable isn't? bit of a clanger that one.