Bed base dumped - what to do

This got onto the wrong topic - about bananas....

In the alley way between our house and the next, there has appeared a single-bed base in two halves, dumped since yesterday evening.

If it is not removed fairly soon, people will think this is a dumping site and add to it. [As it happens, this alley is not used, but that's not the point.]

Through which official channels (council? Veolia?) can I successfully get this removed?

If the council didnt ban large vans from using the dumps , this sort of thing wouldnt happen . Now the council will have to spend money clearing up the mess. False economy

Only if said van owners are scrubbers no imagination and have the moral fibre and civic responsibility of dog muck.

Because I'm not a professional rubbish producer, a few years back I had a bed base I needed shifting so I took a saw to it and it went in the black bin over a couple of weeks.

If the council didnt ban large vans from using the dumps , this sort of thing wouldnt happen . Now the council will have to spend money clearing up the mess. False economy

Yes it would. Some people just don't care.

If you allow large vans into council tips then builders use them. Which means we subsidise their business through our taxes.

That's not what I want my council taxes spent on.

Yes it would. Some people just don't care.

If you allow large vans into council tips then builders use them. Which means we subsidise their business through our taxes.

That's not what I want my council taxes spent on.

Builders already use the dumps. They arnt daft. you see them taking the rubbish in in estate cars or 4x4`s.

Why do you think the rubble skips get full ?