Bed base dumped - what to do

Maybe. I'm not sure they'd have all that information though. They'd have records on revenue from legally dumped business waste, and they'd know how much they've spent on clearing up illegally dumped waste. But that doesn't give thd whole picture. It wouldn't cover estimates of how much it would cost to clear up all the dumped rubbish lurking out there thst doesn't get reported, or never actually gets cleared. They wouldn't know what it costs in terms of quality of life either, unless they've commissioned an academic study on it.

See my bold; "they", the Council, would have no idea how much waste types, tonnage or cost has been disposed of elsewhere.

Yes it would. Some people just don't care.

If you allow large vans into council tips then builders use them. Which means we subsidise their business through our taxes.

That's not what I want my council taxes spent on.

So you would rather have it spent on clearing fly tipping up that costs twice as

much :loopy::loopy:

All the 5 recycling sites in Sheffield do not permit LWB vans on site. However you can use a SWB or MWB van by booking it on. However you are only allowed 3 visits per year unless you apply for a permit which entitles you to 13 visits per year. This can be done by calling 01142734567

So you would rather have it spent on clearing fly tipping up that costs twice as

much :loopy::loopy:

Do you honestly think that clearing up fly tipping would cost less than letting any and every business use a dumpit site?

Fly tipping costs the UK tax payer £58m. That's a national figure not a local one.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-42689357

How much do you think it would cost to let every small business, just small businesses, get rid of rubbish for free? More or less than £58m.

Edited by tinfoilhat

Do you honestly think that clearing up fly tipping would cost less than letting any and every business use a dumpit site?

Fly tipping costs the UK tax payer £58m. That's a national figure not a local one.

How much do you think it would cost to let every small business, just small businesses, get rid of rubbish for free? More or less than £58m.

Where do businesses take their rubbish if they don't take them to the tip?

That's part of my point though. It's not the true cost, it's just the amount they actually spend on clearing up. How much would they really need to be spending to clear it all up? If £58m was enough, all the lanes would be clean as a whistle, we'd never see a pile of rubble on a bit of waste ground or in a wood. How much just goes unreported?