No more walk-on models at the Darts

What about a son/brother/father who becomes a male model used to sell a product?

What about on 8 out of 10 Cats Does Countdown where they have the topless male eye-candy in-between rounds?

If i had a daughter who wanted to get in to that i'd talk to her first and discuss her reasons. If she was sensible and an adult, it's her decision. The girls can make good money and make a career - the one on Jeremy Vine now runs her own business. It seems those who agree with the decision are the ones who seem to think the girls are stupid and being exploited.

Nice dose of whataboutery.

I don't think anyone has said that the darts 'walk on models' are stupid and being exploited.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Nice dose of whataboutery.

I don't think anyone has said that the darts 'walk on models' are stupid and being exploited.

Well, men are objectified in the media, don't hear much about it.

And no one has said it in so many words, but it's pretty much what is being suggested. It's how much of the world sees people who want to be appreciated for their looks. Some will do it to put themselves through education - it's probably a safer environment and will pay better than many of the young girls getting barwork where they'll have advances from drunken people for minimum wage.

Some people want to be paid to be looked at, and some want to pay to look... where's the problem?

Well, men are objectified in the media, don't hear much about it.

And no one has said it in so many words, but it's pretty much what is being suggested. It's how much of the world sees people who want to be appreciated for their looks. Some will do it to put themselves through education - it's probably a safer environment and will pay better than many of the young girls getting barwork where they'll have advances from drunken people for minimum wage.

Some people want to be paid to be looked at, and some want to pay to look... where's the problem?

Suggested? In your head maybe.

Modelling is like any other occupation and may be subject to commercial decisions. The organisers have decided that they no longer require their services on the televised darts matches. By all accounts they'll be able to continue working in the non-televised matches.

A bit of a storm in a tea cup really, don't you agree?

Suggested? In your head maybe.

Modelling is like any other occupation and may be subject to commercial decisions. The organisers have decided that they no longer require their services on the televised darts matches. By all accounts they'll be able to continue working in the non-televised matches.

A bit of a storm in a tea cup really, don't you agree?

It was pressure from the TV company put on the PDC following feedback from feminist groups. However, there's currently a petition with 15,000 signatures trying to stop it from happening.

Storm in a tea-cup? Maybe, for now. However, there are plans for the same to happen across all sports involving girls adding some sparkle.

It was pressure from the TV company put on the PDC following feedback from feminist groups. However, there's currently a petition with 15,000 signatures trying to stop it from happening.

Storm in a tea-cup? Maybe, for now. However, there are plans for the same to happen across all sports involving girls adding some sparkle.

Its a sad sign of how this country has gone so wrong . Political correctness is destroying this country.

Weird, I've looked at many reports and not even the Sun (not noted for holding back, or fact checking) mentioned feedback from feminist groups. Unless you have something different of course?

Maybe darts will get more credibility as a sport by ditching the 'sparkle' factor. Especially as darts might be a sport where men and women could compete on an equal basis.

Edited by SnailyBoy

Its a sad sign of how this country has gone so wrong . Political correctness is destroying this country.

Indeed. Losing dolly birds from the darts is killing the country.

The government are trying to distract us by using Brexit and Islamic terrorists. They won’t fool us though, eh Penny. We know what’s really going on.

So it's ok if they are getting paid? Up to what point?

Up to whatever point they choose.

It might not be my choice, and I might not approve, but by jingo I'll defend anyone who does something that doesn't adversely affect other people.

This week it's darts dollys on the slippery slope, next week it will be Nobel Laureates losing their job for wrongthink.

Up to whatever point they choose.

It might not be my choice, and I might not approve, but by jingo I'll defend anyone who does something that doesn't adversely affect other people.

This week it's darts dollys on the slippery slope, next week it will be Nobel Laureates losing their job for wrongthink.

Ahhh, the slippery slope fallacy.

So the country is going to the dogs because a couple of women can't walk out with a couple of fat middle aged men to play a pub game in front of a thousand or so drunken loudmouths?