No more walk-on models at the Darts

one of the women who does the walk on said she was upset about this decision because it was a good job to have and she and the others involved had no problem with it.

I'm not giving out her name on here but as I mentioned above a girl who does this type of work has started a petition against it, my sister in law is a recently retired cat walk model who's enjoyed a great lifestyle - will that be next??

You're not explaining it very well. Is it darts dolly birds good, Strictly dancers bad, or the other way around. It's so confusing Mel, please explain it to us all.

Allow me.

Strictly dancers are part of the dance. An integral part. Imagine strictly with no dancers. That would be a bit dull wouldn’t it.

Darts dolly birds are not an integral part of darts. What you need for darts is a bloke to throw mini spears, a board to catch the spears, someone shouty to tell you the numbers and probably some beer to ease the tedium.

Different. See?

Allow me.

Strictly dancers are part of the dance. An integral part. Imagine strictly with no dancers. That would be a bit dull wouldn’t it.

Darts dolly birds are not an integral part of darts. What you need for darts is a bloke to throw mini spears, a board to catch the spears, someone shouty to tell you the numbers and probably some beer to ease the tedium.

Different. See?

But the dancers could dance just in less revealing gym gear. There's no 'need' for them to wear revealing dresses... but they do because it's part of the 'glamour', apparently.

But the dancers could dance just in less revealing gym gear. There's no 'need' for them to wear revealing dresses... but they do because it's part of the 'glamour', apparently.

And let's be right, if the darts dollys are sexualising entertainment then Strictly should definitely be after the watershed.Do the BBC get protests about dancers with dresses so small that they have to be sewn in and stuck on?

And let's be right, if the darts dollys are sexualising entertainment then Strictly should definitely be after the watershed.Do the BBC get protests about dancers with dresses so small that they have to be sewn in and stuck on?

To be honest. I’d put darts and Strictly on after the watershed. Maybe at about 2am.

Not on grounds of decency, just because they are both very dull.

However, there is a difference between strictly dancers and darts dolly birds. As I’m sure you know.

I'm not giving out her name on here but as I mentioned above a girl who does this type of work has started a petition against it, my sister in law is a recently retired cat walk model who's enjoyed a great lifestyle - will that be next??

The petition sites tradition and losing work as a response to the decision to drop the walk-on models from televised events.

Do you think that's a valid reason, would it work for, let's say back in the day, a typist?

To be honest. I’d put darts and Strictly on after the watershed. Maybe at about 2am.

Not on grounds of decency, just because they are both very dull.

However, there is a difference between strictly dancers and darts dolly birds. As I’m sure you know.

If we're going down that route, ban the charts for promoting sexualised, bland, generic music with talentless 'performers'.

What is the difference? One lot wear revealing clothes and prance about, shaking all they've got; the others walk and are onscreen for about a minute.

sigh you dont get it at all :huh::help:

---------- Post added 30-01-2018 at 12:35 ----------

again you dont make a plus by showing two minuses, ive already said theres long been people complaining about pop videos and children, they havent done anything about it obviously. in THIS case the people who run the sport and the broadcasters do...for whatever reason

---------- Post added 30-01-2018 at 12:36 ----------

Bet you do that when United are on telly :hihi:

I get your point - someone behind the scenes wants to be more commercially present across the globe and on TV so they think by stirring up the anti mysoginist and feminazi vote it will suit their agenda.

95% of the people who are pretending to be offended by it won't ever watch or pay to watch darts live or on TV.

As i said Mr Hearn "cleaned" up snooker on TV to suit a similar agenda - its now a global enterprise with viewing figures by the "offended" on the decline.

The petition sites tradition and losing work as a response to the decision to drop the walk-on models from televised events.

Do you think that's a valid reason, would it work for, let's say back in the day, a typist?

Typists were made redundant by advances in techonology ie word processers etc, totally different concept.