No more walk-on models at the Darts

You have just confirmed that you have the thought process of the average male there mel :D

well im an average male so...........:D

Do you think everyone should have the same opinions mel ?

The thread was closed down, do you know what shutting down opinion is ?

you know very well why it was closed, and its back open, and the reasons still there

---------- Post added 27-01-2018 at 12:46 ----------

I was just calling mel out on his silly assertion that its all about white men.

sigh, are you really that stupid or do you work at it? like i said go read what white male privilige is then come back.

Look throughout history, whos been in charge most of the time? how many white males were in charge of most of the world, how many blacks, how many women, how many kings has there been, how many queens, how many lords and sirs.

How over history women, and black folks have been subservient to rich white males

Edited by melthebell

Why are the walk on girls there in the first place?

Are they an integral part of the competition? Do they help to keep score?

I can’t imagine a sport less suited to glamour girls. All those fat sweaty men throwing rubbish spears. Maybe the spear size is metaphorical.

I can’t imagine a sport less suited to glamour girls. All those fat sweaty men throwing rubbish spears. Maybe the spear size is metaphorical.

It is widely televised to, mainly, male audiences.

The main sponsorship is coming from the betting companies which want to promote their brand names.

In order to draw attention to the names, they have beautiful young ladies wearing sashes which bear those brand names.

This is a market that runs on viewing figures.

If audiences fall, so will the advertising revenue.

Fat sweaty men .... spear size :huh:

Your mind-set speaks volumes :D

Seriously though, you said it yourself 'glamour girls' ...... they add a bit of glamour ..... is that a crime, no.

Are the glamour girls being objectified .... maybe.

Is it hurting anybody ..... I doubt it.

Are they happy to do the job and get paid ...... I would guess so.

Is it the virtue signalling, self righteous, identity politically motivated, do - gooder brigade who are complaining ..... probably.

Fat sweaty men .... spear size :huh:

Your mind-set speaks volumes :D

Seriously though, you said it yourself 'glamour girls' ...... they add a bit of glamour ..... is that a crime, no.

Are the glamour girls being objectified .... maybe.

Is it hurting anybody ..... I doubt it.

Are they happy to do the job and get paid ...... I would guess so.

Is it the virtue signalling, self righteous, identity politically motivated, do - gooder brigade who are complaining ..... probably.

this says

Walk-on girls will no longer be used by the Professional Darts Corporation (PDC) after talks with broadcasters.

"We regularly review all aspects of our events and this move has been made following feedback from our host broadcasters," said a PDC spokesperson.

World number one Michael van Gerwen has said the tradition should end.

unless femanazis are running the broadcasters then its nothing to do with that, maybe theres an added strategy that the PDC and broadcasters are trying to get more females watching and into it? and so are toning down the excesses a bit?