Voting at age 16

No they can't. They are legally children and need the authority of parents / guardian. They can't even leave home without parental permission or becoming the responsibility of the local children's services.

"No they can't." what?

If it's "They can't even leave home without parental permission or becoming the responsibility of the local children's services." then it has already been dealt with.

Just a reminder of the situation in the real word, neither the Courts or Social Services will force/oblige the sixteen year old to return home to parents or guardians if they have ones to go to. They will try to help and enable that person to lead normal independent lives which are often hindered by outdated legislation

Old enough that the state won't place them in care if they are kicked out of the family home though.

What we really need is a clear definition of when citizenship begins. We have a very confused mix up between the ages of 16 and 18, and some benefits are not now available until 21.

Maximum, minimum wage (does that make sense?...I know what I mean) doesn't kick in until you're 25....

Not that I agree with that, but that's how it is.