Cost of British Passport to Rise.

I blame the BBC for overpaying their copywriters:

"So if your passport runs out before 27 December, you might want to consider getting it renewed in the next eight weeks at the cheaper rate"

You can add on up to nine months onto your new passport though....

From 2020 non EU citizens traveling on holiday to Europe you will need a European Travel Information and Authorisation System (ETIAS) Visa which will be valid for three years.

You will need to apply in advance and pay £5 to register online.

The actual cost of the Visa has yet to be decided(£30?)

You will be allowed to stay for up to 90 days.

The fees for business travel and fast track will be much higher.

Non EU citizens living in European countries will need to register and apply to that country for permission to obtain temporary/permanent residents permits. They will also need new medical insurance. State pension will fall by inflation.

You can add on up to nine months onto your new passport though....

Thanks.

I read it again and now see what they are getting at.

If your passport is going to be expiring anytime in the coming year up to 27/12, get it done before 27th March to save £12.50.

Gottit. :thumbsup:

Amazing that a Government saying people in the public sector can only have low pay rises puts an adult passport up by 17% and a child passport by 27%.

Child benefit and other child associated benefits are rising faster than public sector pay :hihi:

Thanks.

I read it again and now see what they are getting at.

If your passport is going to be expiring anytime in the coming year up to 27/12, get it done before 27th March to save £12.50.

Gottit. :thumbsup:

It wasnt made especially clear was it..... I was a little confused as well but for the radio I was listening to on the drive in..

• 1 month later...

Perhaps my thinking is age related, but aren't holidays abroad mainly luxuries? I know people travel for work, but associated travel costs are usually covered by expenses.

I'd rather the price of luxuries increase (£12.50 over 10 years?) than see dearer food prices or bus fares.