Cost of British Passport to Rise.

See what it is. The manufacturers of the passport cover have just put in this huge order for red dye. Huge it was, about a million litres, should last a few years. Got a good deal too. Then there was this phone call from the foreign office. "What! Blue! but.. But... But...

You get my drift...

Hey Brexiters - you know that nice blue passport you wanted?

Yeah it's gonna be French. So we decided to leave, make it blue, and give the contract, and the jobs, and money from it, to the French.

You feeling proud and in control yet? Yeah thought so.

Giving sovereignty one blue passport at a time to the Frogs. Muppets.

Perhaps my thinking is age related, but aren't holidays abroad mainly luxuries? I know people travel for work, but associated travel costs are usually covered by expenses.

I'd rather the price of luxuries increase (£12.50 over 10 years?) than see dearer food prices or bus fares.

Ooo,now this is controversial,I gave up the luxury of fish and chips and walked a bit more instead of taking a bus for a few weeks once,and saved enough for a week in Spain.:hihi:

but aren't holidays abroad mainly luxuries?

No they aren't.

For at least the last two decades it has been cheaper to fly to most European destinations than catch a train to Glasgow from London. And the cost of basics are significantly lower in most EU countries. My uncle has just spent the winter months in Portugal because his arthritis is badly affected by our cold and damp winter climate. A flight to Faro and a cheap apartment for three months is actually cheaper than having his heating on all day and every day in Sheffield. And the cost of living is so cheap where he stayed that there are no cooking facilities in his apartment. It is cheaper to eat out every night than cook at home.

So no, definitely not a luxury by any stretch of the imagination.