Reform to the GRA?

Gender Reform Act.  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Gender Reform Act.

• Heard nowt about it.
    • Stay as it is.
    • Trans people should be able to choose their gender and be able to just self identify.
    • Their should be a third option I.E. Men - Women - ?

Now Jeremy C has made his position clear on his view that trans women are women do you think it's time to vote on the GRA (Gender Reform Act)?

I was surprised (and disappointed) that he felt so decided on such a potentially impacting decision.

Personally I think rushing to be inclusive of any groups is risky now. Not because of the group but because stifling discussion and deliberation just to be inclusive leaves any group ripe for infiltration of wrong 'uns.

What's the lesser evil?

As it's just a social construct why not just dispense with it completely?

Why do we have separate anything in the first place?

I've never had strong opinions on transgender people, or anyone for that matter.

I do enjoy the benefit of my gender though I use female toilets and female wards. I wouldn't have any issue sharing those with a trans women.

I would be concerned if a man could declare himself female and access them.

Prisons are the obvious pit fall so we clearly have a need of gendered places.

If transgender qualifies someone for a single sex space then there should be at least some qualification to be trans?

Why do we have separate anything in the first place?

I've never had strong opinions on transgender people, or anyone for that matter.

I do enjoy the benefit of my gender though I use female toilets and female wards. I wouldn't have any issue sharing those with a trans women.

I would be concerned if a man could declare himself female and access them.

Prisons are the obvious pit fall so we clearly have a need of gendered places.

If transgender qualifies someone for a single sex space then there should be at least some qualification to be trans?

First you would need to define each gender, which you can't because it is entirely subjective.

You could separate on the basis of sex but this could of course raise issues in prisons, for example, for a biological man psychologically identifying as a women.

Far simpler, in the long run, to dispense with gender completely.