Songs that would be great football chants

Who of my generation could forget the 1966 England anthem for the World Cup.?.. World Cup Willie.LOL

Don't recall that one Mr.T. and the Shoreham Street end seemed to come out with better songs -/chants than those on Wednesday's kop. The best they could come up with (around 1966) was to the tune of the Beatles' 'Yellow Submarine' as in "and our friends are all aboard, Jim McCalliog and David Ford".

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 00:10 ----------

One chant I heard in the 70's though I don't know all the words, from the Goodison Park faithful : 'Bertie Mee said to Bill Shanklee (Shankly, Liverpool's manager) have you heard of the Arsenal (??????????? something). he said no, I don't think so but I've heard of the Everton FC".

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 00:13 ----------

Edited by stpetre
Add

Don't recall that one Mr.T. and the Shoreham Street end seemed to come out with better songs -/chants than those on Wednesday's kop. The best they could come up with (around 1966) was to the tune of the Beatles' 'Yellow Submarine' as in "and our friends are all aboard, Jim McCalliog and David Ford".

One chant I heard in the 70's though I don't know all the words, from the Goodison Park faithful : 'Bertie Mee said to Bill Shanklee (Shankly, Liverpool's manager) have you heard of the Arsenal (??????????? something). he said no, I don't think so but I've heard of the Everton FC".

There is a video of World Cup Willy song on you tube with final footage for the visuals. It's easy to find, can't post links.

Almost every club in the country used to do a version of that Bertie Mee song it was generic like quite a few football songs/chants have been over the years, even YNWA was adopted by most football fans back in the 70s, now you'll only see Liverpool and Celtic sing it in Britain. As for The Shoreham St end, that knock kneed chicken and Barrel of money stuff was as bad as their chip butty song :D

Almost every club in the country used to do a version of that Bertie Mee song it was generic like quite a few football songs/chants have been over the years, even YNWA was adopted by most football fans back in the 70s, now you'll only see Liverpool and Celtic sing it in Britain. As for The Shoreham St end, that knock kneed chicken and Barrel of money stuff was as bad as their chip butty song :D

At least they (shoreham end) didnt nick their song from Wolves!

At least they (shoreham end) didnt nick their song from Wolves!

You can't nick a football song most of them are generic and you simply change the words to suit your own particular team, 'hi ho silver lining' was a common Wednesday and United 'shout off' in this city for many years, unless somebody sits at home thinking about specific lyrics and it happens to catch on like that greasy chip butty thing :D