Home insurance now demanding 'maintained alarms'

LV were good for me back in November. No alarm requirement, or window locks, but the advised me that my premiums would be cheaper if I invested.

Have been with LV for a number of years,my alarm system is very sophisticated and as well as every door having an alarm if it is opened there are pressure pads below some windows and the patio door plus an internal siren ..BUT..i can only get a discount for the alarm if it is maintained regularly by a registered company...

Don't a lot of home alarms need to be maintained anyway, replace internal batteries and such?

The only battery that needs to be maintained/replaced is the one inside the master panel ( mine is a Yuasa12v 2.8ah)...these are quite easily fitted by yourself...two wires.. and cost around £15.00-£20.00.These stop the alarm from going off when there is a power cut...when you here lots sounding in or after a power cut..this is the reason why....

Edited by euclid