Is this bbc job advert racist?

i saw a job advert the other day with a local firm wanting somebody (50/60 years old) surely thats discriminating too?

I would be interested to hear where this was and what the job was doing.

as ive said, its not excluding, its targeting...theres a difference

Can mixed race, dual heritage people with light skin apply for this paid BBC position?

How about Jewish people? Does the BBC consider them white?

When an organisation excludes people based on skin colour (as the BBC is now officially doing) it brings with it deeply unpleasant and disturbing connotations of Nazi Germany.

Edited by Car Boot

Can mixed race, dual heritage people with light skin apply for this paid BBC position?

How about Jewish people? Does the BBC consider them white?

When an organisation excludes people based on skin colour (as the BBC is now officially doing) it brings with it deeply unpleasant and disturbing connotations of Nazi Germany.

My bold=

Give it a rest will ya! There are too many white employees and not enough ethnic minority ones hence why the application criteria is what it is.

:rolleyes:

i dont know, ask em

the whole point is, as i keep saying, most of the world has ALWAYS been white male privilige, its why these types of things have to happen

Any job should be open to anybody qualified to do it; and the person appointed should be the best-able to do it. 'Affirmative action' is inherently wrong, as it the loopy belief that every organisation has to have a workforce which precisely corresponds, in proportion, to the general population.

Example: if you were being treated by a surgeon, would you prefer it to be:

a. the best person for the job; or

b. someone appointed to bring his/her sub-goup's numbers up a bit?

as it the loopy belief that every organisation has to have a workforce which precisely corresponds, in proportion, to the general population.

thats the thing, can the police be trusted if its employees are almost all white? can they be trusted not to be racist?

can the bbc show things to minorities it knows nothing about if theres no minorities in there?

if a countries been white for eons how can they do things correctly for those that arent white, who havent lived or experienced life not being white?

---------- Post added 03-02-2018 at 23:32 ----------

at the end of the day if all say police were muslim, or black, thered be an outcry, people wouldnt trust them, accept them at all

My bold=

Give it a rest will ya! There are too many white employees and not enough ethnic minority ones hence why the application criteria is what it is.

:rolleyes:

Nazi Germany believed that there were too many Jewish employees and not enough German ancestry ones hence why they enacted policies, very similar to current BBC recruitment policy, to exclude applicants based on race.

Disturbing parallels when those in positions of power have chosen to make selection criteria on skin colour, and not merit.

Nazi Germany believed that there were too many Jewish employees and not enough German ancestry ones hence why they enacted policies, very similar to current BBC recruitment policy, to exclude applicants based on race.

Disturbing parallels when those in positions of power have chosen to make selection criteria on skin colour, and not merit.

hahahahahahahahahahahhahaha