Is this bbc job advert racist?

No, I'm suggesting that it starts to address the issue.

When candidates don't get interviews in a 'normal' selection process based on their name, there's still someway to go.

Is that the reason the BBC excluded white people from the job - the name of applicants causes them to be excluded?

Try harder. Be like Freddy.

Is that the reason the BBC excluded white people from the job - the name of applicants causes them to be excluded?

Try harder. Be like Freddy.

No, that's not the reason, but you know that already.

---------- Post added 07-02-2018 at 10:59 ----------

10 years ago I applied for a job by a govt employer. The interview process took 2 years and I was eventually offered a place on a training course along with 9 others.

One of the successful candidates was a male who had only applied 3 months previously and had help and guidance with regards the interviews and candidate assessments which was denied to other candidates. This apparently was Affimative Action!

His constant bragging about the time from application to employment was a source of irritation to other applicants and he was actually quite dense.

It was obvious that he was not absorbing the information being taught as he was failing weekly progress tests and was eventually ‘let go’.

Every other candidate who had gone through the full applicant assessments and interviews without help or input passed the course.

Nice anecdote

No-one is being excluded based on race. If you could pull of that trick of reading and comprehending, you would know that.

You use insulting words in defence of racial selection.

I applied for the advertised position.

During the application process I was asked to identify my ethnicity, which I indicated was 'white'.

I then received an email stating: "Unfortunately, we are not able to move forward with your application".

People were excluded from applying from this paid position, including myself, simply because of the colour of their skin. That's a fact.

It states this fact in the job advert - that the position is only open to candidates from a black, Asian, or non-white ethnic minority background.

I understand that racists who support racial selection will be very uncomfortable in recognising and accepting that people are being excluded from applying for paid positions on the basis of skin colour. But it's happening.

Oppose racism. Oppose racial selection.

---------- Post added 07-02-2018 at 13:42 ----------

Maybe what's wrong is when the BAME candidate is the best person for the job on merit, but they don't get it?

What if the Black, minority ethnic or non-white candidate is not the best person for the job on merit, but they get the job anyway to fulfil a quota system? Because they have a skin colour which is not excluded from the application process?