Do Politicians have Special training.

Its a well known fact that all MPs ect never answer a direct question with a straight yes or no, do they go on a Special training course, Paxton and Day have tried in vain in the past to get a straight answer out of the blighters, Imagine if the every day Joe Soap did this. Example, in a job interview the interviewer ask do you drive! Your reply, well I sit in the car, I wash the car, I Tax and Insure the car. :hihi: Odds on you you wouldnt get the job going off like this, so how come MPs get away with it. :huh:

They all have to undergo a crash course in lying through their teeth . Its part of the job description.

Its a well known fact that all MPs ect never answer a direct question with a straight yes or no, do they go on a Special training course, Paxton and Day have tried in vain in the past to get a straight answer out of the blighters, Imagine if the every day Joe Soap did this. Example, in a job interview the interviewer ask do you drive! Your reply, well I sit in the car, I wash the car, I Tax and Insure the car. :hihi: Odds on you you wouldnt get the job going off like this, so how come MPs get away with it. :huh:

Yes, seriously, they do have training in how to deal with the media. That's the sort of thiing the backroom boys (and girls) are in charge of. Whether it applies to all MPs or just those most likely to be on TV, I don't know.

But there's no doubt all MPs are briefed on the likely questions and how to answer them (or how not to,) before a TV interview. With Theresa May it stands out like a sore thumb. That's why she avoids vox pop encounters with the public, where they might ask awkward questions she's not been prepared for, like the plague.

I blame the soft interviewers . I would Press and press fo a yes or no if I asked a direct question I wouldn't let them go around the houses to the extent that eventually they avoid the question in hand. Paxton is on the Ball, push em till they storm out of the interview. :hihi: At least it shows the Audience what Frauds they really are.:suspect:

I blame the soft interviewers . I would Press and press fo a yes or no if I asked a direct question I wouldn't let them go around the houses to the extent that eventually they avoid the question in hand. Paxton is on the Ball, push em till they storm out of the interview. :hihi: At least it shows the Audience what Frauds they really are.:suspect:

Yes, sad Paxman is gone. John Humphries is quite good sometimes and Dimbleby has teeth when he chooses, but none of the younger ones stand out as being particularly good.

Yes, Politicians do have "special" training. It consists of one module only, how to tell a bare faced lie and keep a straight face while doing it.

Angel1.

Reminds me of Margaret Thatcher being cornered by Diana Gould on the sinking of the Belgrano.

Yes, sad Paxman is gone. John Humphries is quite good sometimes and Dimbleby has teeth when he chooses, but none of the younger ones stand out as being particularly good.

I agree the younger ones seem to be more self absorbed and only care about how good their questions are and not really bothered about the answers. Yeh Dimbleby has got teeth and pushes them so far but just when he has em he backs off. Ive noticed this on Question time a lot. I think because of the amount of topics they have to get through he is hindered by the time alotted(schedual) I mean.

You can't really blame politicians for being so guarded in interviews when most of the time the interviewer is briefed by his/her producers beforehand to go after them hard and ask leading questions.

They get away with it because you allow them to do it.

You need someone like Margaret thatcher to get out and fill the streets of London to protest to the point government has to change.

Being sneaky and avoiding does not require training. It needs a person who has no feelings or understanding.