A question for believers, is God a gas?

If you think that we evolved by walking out of the sea losing our gills and crabby little feet over a few million years becoming the clever complicated human beings that we are today then you are daft .

Humanity came from some where and one day if we do not destroy the Planet we may find out just how we got here .

Whatever the answer is we were abandoned a long time ago as an experiment that has gone wrong and no Gods can save us from our rush towards the end of life as we know it.

I'm surprised that you haven't blamed Thatcher for it :|

• 2 weeks later...
Spoiler much lol I still havent seen that movie.....

Now I've told you the plot you don't need to see the movie, do you?

---------- Post added 14-03-2018 at 12:34 ----------

Possibly could be something to do with life on earth, but that's not the isssue. Who created the spaceman? Or the most fundamental question of all that even science can't answer; if, according to the laws of physics, energy can neither be created nor destoyed, where did the energy / matter created in the 'big bang' originally come from?

From outside our universe, where our laws of physics don't apply, maybe?

---------- Post added 20-03-2018 at 12:58 ----------

For what?

I think you are going off a tangent here- I pointed out before, you can only use science in the right context.

You accept science is the only method to establish truths- that is wrong as you cannot prove THAT STATEMENT.

It is self refuting.

You also cannot use that method to prove you love your wife.

Don't you mean the right cortex?

Edited by woolyhead

• 5 years later...
On 05/03/2018 at 08:16, Baz1 said:

Ok- I will set below a few more points and leave it there as honestly, I won't have time to commit too much time due to work.

Hopefully the basis of what I have been trying to say will drill home to you and others (including Lotticass and Robin H).

1)The human mind has a distinctive quality- we can all distinguish between right & wrong, falsehood, beauty etc. So we are separate from the animal world- meaning our mental abilities have allowed us to progress and advance.

Sorry,  but already wrong at the first supposition.

distinguish between right & wrong ?????                         falsehood ?????       beauty ?????

If you could get that right,  it may be worth reading further, but to attribute that  lot, to the entire human race is a bit more than a stretch.

That's why we each see everything differently and have different opinions on almost everything.

That's why some of us, spend so much time on forums trying to convince other people of points that we think they should already know and  accept.

The human race is far more complex and far less predictable than you seem to think,  otherwise, there would be no more wars, no more starvation and everyone of us would like the same things.

Edited by Organgrinder

5 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Sorry,  but already wrong at the first supposition.

distinguish between right & wrong ?????                         falsehood ?????       beauty ?????

If you could get that right,  it may be worth reading further, but to attribute that  lot, to the entire human race is a bit more than a stretch.

That's why we each see everything differently and have different opinions on almost everything.

That's why some of us, spend so much time on forums trying to convince other people of points that we think they should already know and  accept.

The human race is far more complex and far less predictable than you seem to think,  otherwise, there would be no more wars, no more starvation and everyone of us would like the same things.

You know that post is 5 years old. Someone posted a spam message underneath which has been removed.

57 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

You know that post is 5 years old. Someone posted a spam message underneath which has been removed.

Thanks

Didn't realise that. I don't look at the dates of the posts and assume that if they are at the top of the page, they must be current.

On 05/03/2018 at 08:39, SnailyBoy said:

Snipped for length

Bingo. Buried in there, the core of the argument.

I refer you back to premise 1, God exists.

Now demonstrate that premise is true.

Excellent post from Baz1.

The point I make is you cannot prove the existence of God, or ever will, because we are not meant to be able to. Nor can you prove that he doesn't.  We won't know either way until we die. We can choose what we believe.

It's all about choice. And Faith.

Edited by Anna B
  • Like 1

Guest ThaBoom
3 hours ago, Anna B said:

The point I make is you cannot prove the existence of God, or ever will, because we are not meant to be able to. Nor can you prove that he doesn't.  We won't know either way until we die. We can choose what we believe.

I agree,  read that a few times and never thought of it that way- can't really see how atheists can refute that.

Prominent atheists themselves questioned the origin of reason!

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

Mathematics describes what is observable. Science tries to explain the observable. Both are ongoing, both are continually improved and refined and must not contradict with other or newer observations without adapting or being scrapped. Mathematics would exist in a non-human world and be recognizable throughout the Universe to as or more 'advanced' thinking system. The attached explanations(called science)might not be accurate but the accumulation of interleaved, mutually supporting theories would show progression.

Beliefs such as "...you cannot prove the existence of God, or ever will, because we are not meant to be able to" are human constructs created by individuals who demand without questioning(faith) because they need to reconcile the different versions of your God an intolerant, cruel and vengeful God(Old Testament) with a nice understanding and forgiving  God(New Testament). Other inconsistencies, illogicalities, improbabilities, hostility, violence and politics of the competing religions also require a faith.