A question for believers, is God a gas?

As for love, I have a great affection for my wife. Now what?

I think the original poster was pointing to the fact that you cannot prove love via science- because you can't.

Hence, love (amongst other things) is not something you can scientifically prove.

Science is not the only answer to truths- which was said earlier by Anne B.

Is there any position that cannot be taken on faith? I don’t know what you mean.

For instance, could I claim white people were superior to black people, on faith?

You asked the earlier poster why they would believe anything that couldn’t be proven - why do you believe you love your wife and why should we believe you?

I have a strong affection for he, I tell her I love her. You can ask her.

It's hardly the claim of the year, what further evidence would you need to be convinced?

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 12:09 ----------

Oh look, another question.

Yes of course I care but I don't rely on the resident Google experts and Oxford Dictionary Pedants of Sheffield Forum to justify my position.

Do you take any position on faith?

Sorry about the other question, it's kind of how discussions go.

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 12:10 ----------

I think the original poster was pointing to the fact that you cannot prove love via science- because you can't.

Hence, love (amongst other things) is not something you can scientifically prove.

Science is not the only answer to truths- which was said earlier by Anne B.

How would you go about determining what is true?

I have a strong affection for he, I tell her I love her. You can ask her.

It's hardly the claim of the year, what further evidence would you need to be convinced?

That is your answer?

That doesn't prove anything.

I thought the question being asked or at least attempting to establish- is DO YOU BELIEVE SCIENCE IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRUTH?

Do you?

That is your answer?

That doesn't prove anything.

I thought the question being asked or at least attempting to establish- is DO YOU BELIEVE SCIENCE IS THE ONLY WAY TO TRUTH?

Do you?

What evidence would you accept about the love for my wife?

I accept evidence is the way to determine truth, the scientific method helps.

Sorry about the other question, it's kind of how discussions go.

I would tend to agree but usually questions get answered from both sides. Not just a constant barrage of questions from one party with follow-up questions of:

"What do you mean by..[simplistic common phrase]"

What evidence would you accept?

Nice move of the goalposts...

I am not asking you what evidence I would accept- I am asking you DO YOU BELIEVE SCIENCE IS THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW TRUTHS.

YES OR NO.

Nice move of the goalposts...

I am not asking you what evidence I would accept- I am asking you DO YOU BELIEVE SCIENCE IS THE ONLY WAY TO KNOW TRUTHS.

YES OR NO.

Loving my wife is hardly an extraordinary claim, what evidence would it take to convince you?

I've answer above your shouty question above in the earlier post.

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 12:17 ----------

I would tend to agree but usually questions get answered from both sides. Not just a constant barrage of questions from one party with follow-up questions of:

"What do you mean by..[simplistic common phrase]"

Defining what someone means before discussing it speeds things up. Clears any misunderstanding.

So, do you take any position on faith?

Edited by SnailyBoy

Loving my wife is hardly an extraordinary claim, what evidence would it take to convince you?

I've answer above your shouty question above in the earlier post.

You have not answered anything but made a declaration- if you did, then apologies, but I must have missed it.

I am not asking you to PROVE you love your wife- great if you do etc. I asked DO YOU BELIEVE SCIENCE IS THE ONLY WAY TO ESTABLISH TRUTHS.

And it's not shouty- I am putting in CAPS so you and others can fathom what I am asking- pretty clear.

You have not answered anything but made a declaration- if you did, then apologies, but I must have missed it.

I am not asking you to PROVE you love your wife- great if you do etc. I asked DO YOU BELIEVE SCIENCE IS THE ONLY WAY TO ESTABLISH TRUTHS.

Do you mean the scientific method?

"systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses"

If not, what do mean by SCIENCE?