A question for believers, is God a gas?

Do you mean the scientific method?

"systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses"

If not, what do mean by SCIENCE?

Yes I did mean the scientific method.

So, do you believe science is the only way to establish truths?

Do you mean the scientific method?

"systematic observation, measurement, and experiment, and the formulation, testing, and modification of hypotheses"

If not, what do mean by SCIENCE?

Thanks for this :hihi:

Soon it will be followed by

"What do you mean establish truths"

Yes I did mean the scientific method.

So, do you believe science is the only way to establish truths?

Yep

What method do you use?

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 12:25 ----------

Thanks for this :hihi:

Soon it will be followed by

"What do you mean establish truths"

No problem, like i said speeds things up.

Guest makapaka
For instance, could I claim white people were superior to black people, on faith?

I have a strong affection for he, I tell her I love her. You can ask her.

It's hardly the claim of the year, what further evidence would you need to be convinced?

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 12:09 ----------

Do you take any position on faith?

Sorry about the other question, it's kind of how discussions go.

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 12:10 ----------

How would you go about determining what is true?

Just because you believe something doesn’t make it true - just because you can’t prove something doesn’t necessarily make it untrue.

You asked the earlier posted why they would believe anything that couldn’t be proven - yet you cannot prove that love for your wife exists - only that you feel a strong affection for her and you tell her that you love her. Where does that love exist? As a gas? A chemical reaction? Instinct?

You can’t prove it but you believe it to be true don’t you? And you are asking us to believe you - to have faith that what you are saying is true.

Yep

What method do you use?

What?

You do know that the scientific method is only possible if something can be measured, observed, tested etc.

You use it in whatever context is required or possible.

My point (and what I was trying to establish from you) is that you cannot use science in everything- hence you cannot prove love by science.

In fact, you cannot prove moral truths, mathematics (why 1+1= 2) among other things.

Just because you believe something doesn’t make it true - just because you can’t prove something doesn’t necessarily make it untrue.

No, but the default position should be not to believe something until it is proven to be true.

You asked the earlier posted why they would believe anything that couldn’t be proven - yet you cannot prove that love for your wife exists - only that you feel a strong affection for her and you tell her that you love her. Where does that love exist? As a gas? A chemical reaction? Instinct?

You can’t prove it but you believe it to be true don’t you? And you are asking us to believe you - to have faith that what you are saying is true.

As I asked before, what evidence would convince you of the claim that I love my wife?

So no comment on 'can any position be taken on faith'?

---------- Post added 03-03-2018 at 12:39 ----------

What?

You do know that the scientific method is only possible if something can be measured, observed, tested etc.

You use it in whatever context is required or possible.

My point (and what I was trying to establish from you) is that you cannot use science in everything- hence you cannot prove love by science.

In fact, you cannot prove moral truths, mathematics (why 1+1= 2) among other things.

What method do you use?

Says the person who won't answer 'do you take any position on faith?'

3rd time now

I'm choosing not to answer it because we've had discussions before and I'm confident you already know the answer. If not, feel free to go over my post history. You are only asking the question to try and back me into a corner...

There is a biological basis for love.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biological_basis_of_love

We can measure hormones, we can measure oxytocin, vasopressin. We can scan our brains and see changes we see somebody that we love.

Where is the biological basis for god?