The first Britons were black

"Indigenous" just means the original settlers of a region. It's certainly not the people who arrived after the Romans. It's definitely not Ethiopians as believed for some time, or Turks as Turkey may now be the earliest location of humans.

Why anyone would feel the need to care one way or the other if beyond me though.

So if they're wrong about the eyes then they could be wrong about the skin? Is that what you're saying?

No. In one of my past signatures I actually had:

"We were all black once, it just that some of us have faded" and I believe that is true which this seems to back up. Its just that the genetic mutation for blue eyes is well defined/identified from DNA so their cannot be "a strong suggestion." It either is or is not. I think they have taken some "artistic licence" in all this as this data is only from one skeleton that DNA was able to be extracted from. To be honest the facial reconstruction looks a bit female although the skeletal remains would have shown otherwise. I await to read the full details of the genome "blueprint" when it is finally published.

Also, OP once remainded me that skin colour is not a race. So I don't really know why he brought racism into this topic :rolleyes:

Could it be anything to do with the fact that racism and people's colour have always been closely linked perhaps?

No. In one of my past signatures I actually had:

"We were all black once, it just that some of us have faded"

This may not be true. As mentioned above Turkey seems to be the location of the earliest known humans so far. A nice mediterranean tan is a better skin tone guess, darkening as humans migrated south, lightening as the migrated north.

"Indigenous" just means the original settlers of a region. It's certainly not the people who arrived after the Romans. It's definitely not Ethiopians as believed for some time, or Turks as Turkey may now be the earliest location of humans.

Why anyone would feel the need to care one way or the other if beyond me though.

Well if you are an oppressed or colonised race or nation it would matter.

When the DNA masters have come up with their final theory on all this , then I'll get into a debate on Sheffield Forum about it, and not until.

Well if you are an oppressed or colonised race or nation it would matter.

Suggest you visit India for some real racism. Or Pakistan. China too. Zimbabwe is an absolute hotbed of racism.

What was it you were saying about oppression and colonialism again?

Suggest you visit India for some real racism. Or Pakistan. China too. Zimbabwe is an absolute hotbed of racism.

What was it you were saying about oppression and colonialism again?

who are you talking to.. ??

you should go to see someone about that.

Not necessarily as the earlier reports said the person may have had blue eyes. I was recently reading about the Blue eyed genetic mutation and that genetic mutation is well defined. What this report actually states is:

"Cheddar Man had “ancestral” versions of all these genes, strongly suggesting he would have had “dark to black” skin tone, but combined with blue eyes."

Not saying they are wrong but questioning the certainty.

Wonder when the mutations that led to lighter toned skin happened, surely they were happening much longer than 10,000 years ago.

Also, I’m sure I read once that scientists had discovered where the first ‘blue eye’ mutation happened and it was 8,000 years ago in the Middle East

You’re right to question it

When the DNA masters have come up with their final theory on all this , then I'll get into a debate on Sheffield Forum about it, and not until.

It's nothing to do with DNA. I'm a little rusty on the detail so may be corrected, but colocated human fossils and tools have pointed to the earliest humans being in Turkey, not Ethiopia.

Cry God for Harry, England, and Saint George, yea?