UKIP could go bankrupt

The judge thought so:

Jane Collins defamation case: UKIP delayed case

UKIP "deliberately delayed" settlement of a libel case for "political advantage" ahead of the 2015 general election, the High Court has ruled.

The case was brought by three Rotherham Labour MPs over comments made by UKIP MEP Jane Collins about the Rotherham child abuse scandal.

Mr Justice Warby said the defamation action would have been "swiftly" settled had UKIP not interfered.

He added the party should be held liable for some of the costs.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-43072864

And yet it's all somehow Labour's fault

Without checking the whole thread I don't recall anyone saying that it is Labour's fault. Sixty odd posts and some people are still hanging onto the wrong end of the stick.

The title was originally along the lines of "Labour tries to bankrupt UKIP" plus this quote from the OP was referring to Labour (title since changed so may not be obvious):

no right thinking person can believe that it's right for one political party to extinguish their opponent in this way

The Op was ENG601PM :)

Bless.

ENG601PM has already forgotten that ENG601PM started the thread, and that ENG601PM accused the Labour Party of trying to bankrupt the kippers.

It happens often, in the Autumn years.

Bless.

ENG601PM has already forgotten that ENG601PM started the thread, and that ENG601PM accused the Labour Party of trying to bankrupt the kippers.

It happens often, in the Autumn years.

It also happens often when someone has multiple user names.

The title was originally along the lines of "Labour tries to bankrupt UKIP" plus this quote from the OP was referring to Labour (title since changed so may not be obvious):

Yes. And? But not quite.

I didn't say that it was Labour's fault. Quite the opposite.

You make it sound like Labour have no control over the situation. Mind how you tread there. I'll give you enough rope and suggest that you read the first page. Carefully.

It's not good for a political party to extinguish an opponent like this.

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 22:50 ----------

It also happens often when someone has multiple user names.

Yes. Whatever. Grow up.

Yes. And? But not quite.

You make it sound like Labour have no control over the situation. Mind how you tread there. I'll give you enough rope and suggest that you read the first page. Carefully.

Your reading of the situation is flawed.

If this bankrupts UKIP, it will be entirely their own fault.

In any case, they are doing a fine job of self destructing, unaided by Labour, legal costs or any other external pressure. It makes not a jot of difference to our democracy either. There are plenty of other parties who will welcome xenophobes with open arms.

Edited by Naive

Yes. And? But not quite.

---------- Post added 16-02-2018 at 22:50 ----------

Yes. Whatever. Grow up.

oh stop it, admit it, youre a knob