Jeremy Paxman advocates people over 65 should not be able to vote

Yep,and still blaming pensioners and all the others still blaming the northern working class when it was mostly middle class southerners that voted leave.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/aug/07/north-poor-brexit-myths

Unless I've missed something, it's utter ****e. I quote from the article "In fact, most leave voters were in the south: the south-east, south-west – indeed the entire south apart from London voted leave."

Rubbish. Look at the map on the bottom. Is it all blue? No, it is not.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

I agree we should have the conversation.

If only to understand why the over 65s seem to have lost touch with the realities facing younger generations.

Lost touch, you're having a laugh, its just natural progression. When the 65 year old's were children they said the same of their parents and the older generation. When the 20+ somethings retire their children will say the same of them and the older generation.

A lot of older people would like to downsize to bungalows, but they are very thin on the ground, and what there are tend to be very expensive, often more than the bigger home they're trying to sel. That means they stay put.

Builders and developers can make more money out of 2 storey houses so don't want to build affordable bungalows.l

Agreed. We need more small houses - not just for old folk. I read somewhere that the biggest group of single people living on their own is men in their 40s. They don't need a bungalow or sheltered housing just a smaller house.

Agreed. We need more small houses - not just for old folk. I read somewhere that the biggest group of single people living on their own is men in their 40s. They don't need a bungalow or sheltered housing just a smaller house.

why do you say small houses?

Youngsters should remember what goes around comes around, they themselves will be old one day.

And when they are old those youngster will be in a far worse position than the over 65s today and through little fault of their own... not that you can get many over 65s today to admit this.

And when they are old those youngster will be in a far worse position than the over 65s today and through little fault of their own... not that you can get many over 65s today to admit this.

we get what we vote for, I don't believe either major party will deliver what anyone seeks.

When I pop me clogs my kids will get far more from what I leave than I ever got from my parents ....should see them nicely through their middle/old age...not a lot of young people admit this...

why do you say small houses?

Most single men (and women) don't need three bedroom houses. If you want one, and can afford it, have one. Not everyone can, certainly as a first time buyer, so you're looking at small old terrace houses or flats. If we need millions of houses I'd be looking at a large chunk of those being smaller. We can fit more in then.

Most single men (and women) don't need three bedroom houses. If you want one, and can afford it, have one. Not everyone can, certainly as a first time buyer, so you're looking at small old terrace houses or flats. If we need millions of houses I'd be looking at a large chunk of those being smaller. We can fit more in then.

it, not the house that cost its the ground, as about 15 percent of the UK is built on. It's about time people got the space to live.