''The war on men''

UNICEF Deputy Director Justin Forsyth, who earned £127,000 has quit because he asked out and sent messages to 3 female members of staff. The guy is now too hot for anyone to employ.

I have not seen it reported that it is more than that, anyone?

If he's so hot, why aren't women themselves approaching him?

This is an odd one because, when you think on it, it is actually an inequality against men which, if removed, would help change attitudes to pregnancy, child birth, maternity leave and raising children in the work place. That inequality is the the disparity between maternity leave and paternity leave.

If men were allowed as much time off as women,

I should stop you there.

Parental leave is now a shared thing, to be agreed between a couple.

It has terrible uptake amongst men though, presumably due to the culture we're talking about, the machismo, the perception that men should work and women should look after children.

This is a damaging and restraining thing for both men and women, denying or at least reducing the freedom that should see more men taking parental leave and less women.

I should stop you there.

Parental leave is now a shared thing, to be agreed between a couple.

It has terrible uptake amongst men though, presumably due to the culture we're talking about, the machismo, the perception that men should work and women should look after children.

This is a damaging and restraining thing for both men and women, denying or at least reducing the freedom that should see more men taking parental leave and less women.

Given that as usual you have an expert opinion and you know how damaging and restraining the machismo culture is in denying this freedom you speak of, could you point out the basic legislation regarding shared parental leave and how it works, I assume you and your partner have shared leave, some people may find this information useful.

Why would you assume that I have children?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=shared+parental+leave&oq=shared+parental&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.2615j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Do you need help with googling things? You can see the first result there is to the official government guidance on what shared parental leave is.

Oh, and the 2nd result from google

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43026312

An article about the extremely low take up of the shared leave by men, which I referenced.

Some people on this forum seem to revel in their lack of knowledge of current affairs, and denigrate anyone who happens to be slightly more aware than they are. Pretty sad.

EMW suggested low take-up was partly due to the cultural stigma for men of taking time off work and concerns that they might come across as less committed to their job if they ask for leave.

Why would you assume that I have children?

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=shared+parental+leave&oq=shared+parental&aqs=chrome.0.0j69i57j0l4.2615j1j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Do you need help with googling things? You can see the first result there is to the official government guidance on what shared parental leave is.

Oh, and the 2nd result from google

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-43026312

An article about the extremely low take up of the shared leave by men, which I referenced.

Some people on this forum seem to revel in their lack of knowledge of current affairs, and denigrate anyone who happens to be slightly more aware than they are. Pretty sad.

I don't need to google things I already know, I thought I would throw you a line, and just as I suspected, you have revealed yourself once again to be an 'expert' with no actual experience of your own, you really do typify the average SJW fella, come back and big yourself up when you have worn the T-shirt at least, I have got you sussed Mr. Educated and slightly more aware :hihi:

i don't need to google things i already know, i thought i would throw you a line, and just as i suspected, you have revealed yourself once again to be an 'expert' with no actual experience of your own, you really do typify the average sjw fella, come back and big yourself up when you have worn the t-shirt at least, i have got you sussed mr. Educated and slightly more aware :hihi:

sjw ????????

I don't need to google things I already know, I thought I would throw you a line, and just as I suspected, you have revealed yourself once again to be an 'expert' with no actual experience of your own, you really do typify the average SJW fella, come back and big yourself up when you have worn the T-shirt at least, I have got you sussed Mr. Educated and slightly more aware :hihi:

What a strange comment.

You specifically asked someone to point out the legislation regarding shared parental leave. They provided a link to said information. You then criticised them for doing so.

You don't need to have experience of something to know about it.

---------- Post added 10-03-2018 at 19:29 ----------

sjw ????????

Social Justice Warrior

What a strange comment.

You specifically asked someone to point out the legislation regarding shared parental leave. They provided a link to said information. You then criticised them for doing so.

You don't need to have experience of something to know about it.

---------- Post added 10-03-2018 at 19:29 ----------

Social Justice Warrior

Don't worry yourself Robin, old Cyclone big's himself up as being more knowledgeable on quite a few matters on this forum because of his education, he believes his opinion is more valid because of it, I am just baiting him on his lack of actual experience.

I know all about the subject he tried to correct barleycorn on with his 'I should stop you there comment', and thought I would draw him on it ..... it worked, typical SJW in my opinion, just get's his opinion from the bloody Guardian or the BBC :D

Edited by Michael_W