''The war on men''

It's a local thing and I don't think it's an issue if someone from Sheffield calls you love or flower.

If you were in London, you've probably get some very strange looks, and it's entirely possible that people would take offence, and you'd be in the wrong. I suppose that's about being sensitive to your audience.

Your gender is irrelevant to this IMO.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 13:57 ----------

Are you trying to justify excessive police stops of black people?

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 13:58 ----------

Why?

Because to only think about your own desires or natural inclinations is the height of selfishness and self interest...

Not at all just being honest,we know why he was stopped no point beating about the bush - although where he was stopped may also be pertinent.

However you haven't acknowledged if its appropriate for a company where endearment is banned in the office to allow its frontline staff to use the same terminology?

That's inequality - it's either sexual harassment across all the sites or it's not.

Edited by willman

Why?

Because to only think about your own desires or natural inclinations is the height of selfishness and self interest...

I agree, to only think of yourself, is indeed selfishness; but if you read my post, that's not at all what I'm suggesting.

Your natural inclinations are not determined by what other people think or feel or want (if they are, then you're perhaps being disingenuous).

Neither am I saying that your natural inclinations are the sole consideration when it comes to how you interact with others.

The problem with equality is that there’s always someone who considers themselves to be on a higher level of equality than others.

Hence the demise of extreme communism. It is human nature to want to rise as high as you can in life and climb out above the rest. Equality only works when all things are equal, and how often is that?

I agree, to only think of yourself, is indeed selfishness; but if you read my post, that's not at all what I'm suggesting.

Your natural inclinations are not determined by what other people think or feel or want (if they are, then you're perhaps being disingenuous).

Neither am I saying that your natural inclinations are the sole consideration when it comes to how you interact with others.

Fair enough. Well, yes, we have biological drives, although I think they're more to do with dominance and procreation than nurturing and protecting women.

But we should try to rise above that basic behaviour, if we didn't we'd be throwing poo at each other and living in a rainforest.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 15:21 ----------

Not at all just being honest,we know why he was stopped no point beating about the bush - although where he was stopped may also be pertinent.

So black men suffer discrimination, we acknowledge that. (In the UK).

However you haven't acknowledged if its appropriate for a company where endearment is banned in the office to allow its frontline staff to use the same terminology?

That's inequality - it's either sexual harassment across all the sites or it's not.

It's not gender based inequality though is it. It's location based inequality, which isn't, AFAIK, a major problem.

Fair enough. Well, yes, we have biological drives, although I think they're more to do with dominance and procreation than nurturing and protecting women.

But we should try to rise above that basic behaviour, if we didn't we'd be throwing poo at each other and living in a rainforest.

---------- Post added 14-02-2018 at 15:21 ----------

So black men suffer discrimination, we acknowledge that. (In the UK).

It's not gender based inequality though is it. It's location based inequality, which isn't, AFAIK, a major problem.

I would say that many non white people suffer discrimination because they aren't white,not just black.

But as i stated the location could be pertinent,a non white bloke walking in my neighbourhood wouldn't get stopped,but a white hoodie youth would.

Thats because i live in a predominantly white neighbourhood where 99.9% of the criminals are white.

Of course its gender based the lady said it to a man - its either acceptable or it isn't regardless of where it is. Or it's a trivial matter for some people to protest about.

M&S at Crystal Peaks, same thing "darling" "sweetheart" - in the pursuit of equality its either admissible or it isn't.

The fact that a female spoke to a male doesn't mean that a policy of not using endearments in the Costa offices but allowing it in the coffee shops is gender based. Clearly that would depend on location, not gender.

M&S at Crystal Peaks IN SHEFFIELD. You're really not understanding my point about how calling people 'love' is a local foible are you. Or you're choosing not to.

I find it a bit weird when people from Somerset call you 'lover', but that's a local thing there.

So the females by mere biology are more responsible for raising and developing children.

You know we aren't talking about polar bears?

In the entire animal kingdom, only one group of animals produce milk for their young: the mammals, the group we belong to, its normally the females.

Brazilian study of 6,000 babies from all backgrounds since 1982 finds those who breastfed were more intelligent, spent longer in education and earned more.

The longer they had been breastfed, the greater the benefits. Children who had been breastfed for 12 months had an IQ that was four points higher than those breastfed for less than a month, had nearly a year’s more schooling and earned around £70 a month more – about a third more than the average income level.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/18/brazil-longer-babies-breastfed-more-achieve-in-life-major-study

In the entire animal kingdom, only one group of animals produce milk for their young: the mammals, the group we belong to, its normally the females.

Brazilian study of 6,000 babies from all backgrounds since 1982 finds those who breastfed were more intelligent, spent longer in education and earned more.

The longer they had been breastfed, the greater the benefits. Children who had been breastfed for 12 months had an IQ that was four points higher than those breastfed for less than a month, had nearly a year’s more schooling and earned around £70 a month more – about a third more than the average income level.

https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/mar/18/brazil-longer-babies-breastfed-more-achieve-in-life-major-study

https://www.mothercare.com/feeding/breastfeeding/breast-pumps/

Problem solved, male and female can play an equal role.