Are you a "terrorist" for fighting against Islamic State?

So, this man fought against ISIS/Islamic State/Daesh or whatever they are called.

The US and ourselves also fought against them along with many other nations. Air cover was provided by our allies the French.

Seeing as he was in battle against a joint enemy does anyone think it appropriate for him to be prosecuted for terrorist offenses?

It sounds suspiciously like pandering to Turkey, a supposed ally.

As the British soldier was fighting alongside the Kurds, I would agree.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 07:49 ----------

Shake his hand isis should be wiped out like the bomb dropped on Hiroshima they will regenerate and be a lot more friendly open for holidays and tourism and make money ....like normal people :hihi:

How go you suggest we do that please ?

I’m sure that someone with your military clearance and access to confidential info like you do can’t give us the full details, but give us a short version.

Unless the definition of ‘ Terrorist ‘ has been defined then no, he is not.

As I seem to recall the definition included acts of violence or intimidation against civilians in order to achieve a political aim.

Can’t see it if both sides have guns and the enemy he is fighting actually are terrorists.

Unless the definition of ‘ Terrorist ‘ has been defined then no, he is not.

As I seem to recall the definition included acts of violence or intimidation against civilians in order to achieve a political aim.

Can’t see it if both sides have guns and the enemy he is fighting actually are terrorists.

Just highlighted this part of the article "He has been charged with one count of attending a place used for terrorist training, under the Terrorism Act 2006"

Perhaps the reason he has been charged is because when others, who have attended a place in the same area used for terrorist training return to the UK will be charged with the same offence. These others most likely will be suspected of fighting with ISIS and maybe the authorities want to be seen to treat all people the same.

---------- Post added 15-02-2018 at 09:03 ----------

Surely he deserves our respect and congratulations rather than criminal charges?

I agree. Well said.

Surely he deserves our respect and congratulations rather than criminal charges?

I’ve a lot more respect for the way this British soldier is fighting radical Islamists, than the way the E-E-EDL claim to do so.

Obviously no, fighting against terrorists is not terroism, BUT i think the point is you arent state sanctioned and you are learning how to kill and being battle hardened, and that can be deadly in the wrong hands

doesnt matter if its in another country or if we sanction it? he is an ex soldier which means he is already trained and quite likely to be able to help train others:roll: