Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

The vast majority of these kids will come from normal families with a mother and father , so to them seeing a kid with two dads will not seem normal at all to them.

Shows how little you know.

The proportion of families with children headed by single parents has remained at around 25 per cent for over a decade

So a quarter will have only 1 parent. Some of those single parents will be just a dad.

The vast majority of these kids will come from normal families with a mother and father , so to them seeing a kid with two dads will not seem normal at all to them.

I have a relative who is a primary school teacher. Apparently kids are taught now that loving parents are great, and that might mean one mum, one dad, a mum and a dad, two dads, two mums, or whatever, The love and support bit is important. According to my relative most kids are utterly indifferent re this unless their parents have a problem. When the parents are intolerant that's reflected in the kids. I wonder why you refer to "normal" families and others? It's a real shame that you can't support all kids.

Shows how little you know.

So a quarter will have only 1 parent. Some of those single parents will be just a dad.

But their other parent will be a woman .:roll:

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 23:50 ----------

I have a relative who is a primary school teacher. Apparently kids are taught now that loving parents are great, and that might mean one mum, one dad, a mum and a dad, two dads, two mums, or whatever, The love and support bit is important. According to my relative most kids are utterly indifferent re this unless their parents have a problem. When the parents are intolerant that's reflected in the kids. I wonder why you refer to "normal" families and others? It's a real shame that you can't support all kids.

If that is being taught in schools i am appalled . In my opinion that is wrong on say many levels.

But their other parent will be a woman .:roll:

---------- Post added 17-02-2018 at 23:50 ----------

If that is being taught in schools i am appalled . In my opinion that is wrong on say many levels.

Pity you weren't taught about correct punctuation.

An unborn baby that is going to be born into a loving, stable, happy family, that want him or her so badly theyre willing to go through an awful lot for the chance to be parents. It doesnt matter what sex the parents are, it matters what kind of parents they are.

I work with children as do a lot of my friends, Id give anything for this to be the case for every child, because the reality is its far from the truth.

Spot on. We have to adapt to change, and if it means a child grows up in a loving environment then it shouldn't matter who it's parents are. I bet there are a lot of children who'd give anything to feel wanted and cared for within a loving family. At least these prospective parents have considered the implications of bringing a child into their family unlike some whose only parenting skills are unintentionally conceiving and giving birth.

Spot on. We have to adapt to change, and if it means a child grows up in a loving environment then it shouldn't matter who it's parents are. I bet there are a lot of children who'd give anything to feel wanted and cared for within a loving family. At least these prospective parents have considered the implications of bringing a child into their family unlike some whose only parenting skills are unintentionally conceiving and giving birth.

Well said.

There's also bad parents in the gay parenting sector,maybe these could have adopted one with the poor parenting skills family,I'm sure there's plenty to choose from.