Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

We dont agree sometimes but I'd have to agree 100% with this. There are some pretty odious and intolerant comments dressed up in concern for the child in all of this.

---------- Post added 18-02-2018 at 13:40 ----------

Tough. If you dont accept gay rights then you are being homophobic.

Gay rights gay rights gay rights! :roll:

What about the rights of a child to have a balanced upbringing of a mother and a father?

I know that some children end up with one parent due to circumstances, but that is not the same as purposefully engineering a situation where a child lacks a mother/father right from the start.

As for the woman that has agreed to have a child and give it away, and probably for money, she ought to be ashamed of herself.

What about the rights of a child to have a balanced upbringing of a mother and a father?

I know that some children end up with one parent due to circumstances, but that is not the same as purposefully engineering a situation where a child lacks a mother/father right from the start.

As for the woman that has agreed to have a child and give it away, and probably for money, she ought to be ashamed of herself.

here comes another homophobe jackbooting straight in :P

What about this childs rights? Are they being breached in any way?

You mean that they might get bullied for having two dads? It's not the parents breaching their rights then is it?

As for "the woman" as you so charmingly put it, so what? Her body her choice.

What about this childs rights? Are they being breached in any way?

In this particular case it is being deprived of a mother on purpose right from the start.

You mean that they might get bullied for having two dads? It's not the parents breaching their rights then is it?

They may get bullied they may not, that's beside the point.

As for "the woman" as you so charmingly put it, so what? Her body her choice.

That is a bit of a cold and ruthless attitude to have on it. Most women would find the idea of having a baby to give it away terrible.

Taking your conculsion to it's logical extreme then what would you do with a baby whose mother dies in childbirth then?

As for your ascribing of my attitude, I made no such "cold and ruthless" pronoucnement. I pointed out it's her choice and nothing to do with you, or indeed me. If you have the temerity to consider that I'm being cold and ruthless then fine. You are an odious Neaderthalich homophobe and I will have nothing more to do with such a person.

Blocked.

Edited by Obelix

1. Errm, what right is that. Please do specify the legislation. Im dying to see it.

2. Ashamed of herself? How dare you call out what a woman can and cannot do with her own body and baby.

Surrogate mothers and IVF creation has been around for over 30 years. Who the hell do you think you are to put this down as some shameful action on the carriers and/or the donors/parents who choose to use this process.

As this thread is clearly descending the more the trolls come clip clopping out from under their rocks I do have to wonder how many of these oh so outspoken critics would have the balls to say it in a open and identifiable public forum. All too easy to act the big man saying outrageous things from behind the anonymity of a keyboard and multiple usernames.

On a second note, it screams very clearly to me exactly why, even in the allegedly equality filled 2018 people still are out there on the streets protesting for gay rights and showing their support to Pride festivals. Next time somebody bangs on about "why do they still feel the need for gay pride.....what about straight pride etc...." think I will just show them this thread.

Edited by ECCOnoob

On a second note, it screams very clearly to me exactly why, even in the allegedly equality filled 2018 people still are out there on the streets protesting for gay rights and showing their support to Pride festivals. Next time somebody bangs on about "why do they still feel the need for gay pride.....what about straight pride etc...." think I will just show them this thread.

exactly.....

The use of the word homophobe seems to be bandied about like confetti at wedding. I am just wondering if all the UK MPs who voted against same sex marriage in Parliament are homophobes? Are all the Australians who voted against same sex marriage in their referendum homophobes? Is the Burmunda Government homophobic for repealing their own same sex marriage law?

I think she should be really proud of herself, for doing such an amazing, selfless thing.