Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

Well, I for one am pleased for them. They chose to announce it on Valentine's Day - which, in a romantic sense, makes it nice.

There's enough nastiness in the world, it's good that they've found happiness, & want to make it extra special.

Totally agree. Theyre obviously excited and wanted to share their happy news, just like any couple would.

Straight couples do the same. Got any problem with them using surrogates or adopting?

I dont think its right for people to sell their bodies for money, its like prostitution, its morally wrong but it cannot be stopped when all the parties concerned are willing.

So Tom Daley olympic diver and Partner Dustin lance Black are now

"expecting " their first baby!! oh really????? how does that happen then? have we missed something in the evolution of man?

no! they have paid or borrowed a surrogate, they are not expecting ! god its no wonder kids are screwed up nowadays.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/14/tom-daley-and-dustin-lance-black-expecting-their-first-child

Its The Guardian for heavens sake.

Fluffy bunny la la land.

Expecting a baby :loopy::hihi: indeed.

When it comes to same sex couples, whether they be two women or two men, starting a family, in which a mother or a father isn't a part of the equation from the outset by design, will be controversial for many.

Edited by Guest

Its The Guardian for heavens sake.

Fluffy bunny la la land.

Expecting a baby :loopy::hihi: indeed.

It's been reported in the not so fluffy Daily Mail too:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-5391109/Tom-Daley-Dustin-Lance-Black-having-baby.html

I see that the reader's comments have been moderated, so all the spittle flecked rantings of the swivel eyed brigade won't be seen in all their ugliness. Though I'm sure a few have slipped through the net.

Funny that the worst rated comment (earning a whopping 2,900 red downward arrows) reads:

Congratulations Guys

Obviously Daily Mail readers don't approve :rolleyes:

Edited by Mister M

Guest makapaka

I just wonder why they didn’t just post “we’re adopting a baby” or “a surrogate is having our baby”.

Instead they posted a picture of them holding an ultrasound saying they were expecting a baby.

I’m not offended by it or bothered - but if they didn’t want a reaction from the bigots they went about it the wrong way.

I just wonder why they didn’t just post “we’re adopting a baby” or “a surrogate is having our baby”.

Agreed - that seems a more honest way of announcing the impending birth.

They maybe should have been more guarded because legally the child belongs to the mother and if she chooses to keep it they won’t be able to do anything about it. Hopefully the child will be happy and loved but throughout her/his life it will have to deal with the fact that it was conceived as a business transaction and that her/his own mother gave it away.

Irrespective of the gay couple issue, many people (particularly women) will be unable to understand how a mother could give her own child away unless forced to by circumstances beyond her control.

Instead they posted a picture of them holding an ultrasound saying they were expecting a baby.

I’m not offended by it or bothered - but if they didn’t want a reaction from the bigots they went about it the wrong way.

The headline writer did his/her job spectacularly.

a non entity? i take it youre a better world class diver then? you must have a room full of world championship and olympics medals and trophies :thumbsup:

If the likes of posh spice, beyonce or the royals get in the news for having a baby why cant a bloke?

Because neither of them actually are??