Tom Daley and partner expecting!!

In my opinion same sex couples should not be allowed to adopt children or use surrogacy to obtain a child. A child should be brought up by a man and a woman.

Ignoring the unwarranted discrimination you're suggesting, you do realise that there are more children in the care system than there are people wanting to adopt?

So if you got your way and gay couples couldn't adopt, rather than children being brought up as you prefer by a hetreosexual couple, they instead would be brought up by the state, with no parents at all.

And continuing to look at your "brought up by a man and a woman", how do you think single parent families fit into that? Children brought up by just a man, or just a woman. Why would two men be any different to just one?

Whatever it will no doubt (the birth) be shown live on the BBC, and the happy shown couple leaving hospital with their baby, then appearing on the one show for it's first interview etc, etc

Then in the jungle @ 5,strictly @10 then love island at 18 which has nothing to do with 2 fathers but has been said celebrity upbringing.

What's your stance if a "normal" heterosexual couple with children split up? Or one of the couple dies?

Should whoever gets custody of the children/the surviving partner immediately rush out and find anyone of the opposite sex to hook up with just so the children can be "brought up by a man and a woman"?

I don't have a stance. If it helps, I will rephrase and say ideally a child should be brought up by a man and a woman, who both are its parents. As Blackydog said both men and woman can bring different positive influences and play important roles in bringing up a child. In my opinion a child is losing out, if they don't have both a father and mother to give them the ideal input balance. Sadly parents do split up or one parent dies and the child suffers as a consequence. If Tom Daley splits up with his partner, then which man will get custody of the child? However, this is not a discussion about issues because of children being brought up by single parents for whatever reasons.

So Tom Daley olympic diver and Partner Dustin lance Black are now

"expecting " their first baby!! oh really????? how does that happen then? have we missed something in the evolution of man?

no! they have paid or borrowed a surrogate, they are not expecting ! god its no wonder kids are screwed up nowadays.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2018/feb/14/tom-daley-and-dustin-lance-black-expecting-their-first-child

Kids are screwed up because of the 'misuse' of the word expecting (not that it is misused in reality).

I don't have a stance. If it helps, I will rephrase and say ideally a child should be brought up by a man and a woman, who both are its parents. As Blackydog said both men and woman can bring different positive influences and play important roles in bringing up a child. In my opinion a child is losing out, if they don't have both a father and mother to give them the ideal input balance. Sadly parents do split up or one parent dies and the child suffers as a consequence. If Tom Daley splits up with his partner, then which man will get custody of the child? However, this is not a discussion about issues because of children being brought up by single parents for whatever reasons.

Can you break down what you think the 'ideal input balance' is?

You did have a stance though, you said that gay couples shouldn't be allowed to adopt or to have a child through a surrogate.

Your position on that being based on evidence that hetrosexual couples provide a better upbringing... I'm assuming there's evidence, and not just your feeling?

Kids are screwed up because of the 'misuse' of the word expecting (not that it is misused in reality).

No! kids born into this kind of relationship and the drama that surrounds it usually are screwed up eventually and kids that see it some will actually think they are expecting in the true sense? what next transgender? or no sex couples allowed to adopt or use surrogacy? its barmy:loopy:

Tom and his partner will hopefully make good parents. The child will want for nothing, except for it’s mother. The way that we are mothered affects our emotional health long term.

Here is a blog by someone who was born to a surrogate.

It looks to me like I was bought and sold. You can dress it up with as many pretty words as you want. You can wrap it up in a silk freaking scarf. You can pretend these are not your children. You can say it is a gift or you donated your egg to the IM. But the fact is that someone has contracted you to make a child, give up your parental rights and hand over your flesh and blood child. I dont care if you think I am not your child, what about what I think! Maybe I know I am your child.When you exchange something for money it is called a commodity.

Kim Cotton, the first UK surrogate is on record as saying that she has to push thoughts of her baby to the back of her mind, particularly on her birthdays. She has no idea where her child is, what she has made of her life and if she knows that she has a biological mother.

It is not the issue of them being a gay couple, rather that the article was presented as a normal pregnancy between a man and a woman although it is anything but. These two courted the publicity and would have done well to keep this private matter to themselves. In later years the child might not appreciate being in the spotlight.

Sorry, but I totally disagree with this. Nothing to do with the whole modern gay rights movement. But I think a child who doesn't yet have the capacity to realise the surroundings he/she will grow up in is in my view against the childs human rights.

Just because same sex partnerships are unable to conceive as heterosexuals does not in my view justify their reasons.

I am not in the slightest religious but I find this whole thing completely morally and principally unethical.

Shocking that political correctness has given way to new powers and terminolgy of various sexualities.

Deeply deeply disturbing.

Edited by mrcharlie

Sorry, but I totally disagree with this. Nothing to do with the whole modern gay rights movement. But I think a child who doesn't yet have the capacity to realise the surroundings he/she will grow up in is in my view against human rights.

Just because same sex partnerships are unable to conceive as heterosexuals does not in my view justify their reasons.

I am not the slightest religious but I find the whole thing completely morally and principally unethical.

Shocking that political correctness has given way to new powers and terms of various sexualities.

Deeply disturbing.

Wow, that needs exploring further.

Please go on.