Should cycling be banned on most roads in Sheffield?

26b-6

cyclists should be banned from some main roads, as they hinder the rest of the traffic trying to get safely past them,

Why not simply overtake the cycle? Oh, you can't, due to the solid line of cars taking up the opposite lane, or, the solid line of parked cars reducing the road to a single lane :huh:

So, the real problem is the gross excess of cars on the roads.

Cyclist should have to pay road tax and have insurance.

I think you have a valid point, but I would go for insurance and a number plate of some kind. Time the cyclist who simply ignores the rules of the road should be prosecuted just like any car driver would be.

Angel1.

I think so but not because of most cyclists, but because there is too many dangerously designed junctions which need addressing, alongside too many dangerous motorists in Sheffield who should have their driving licenses revoked.

The answer then would surely be to address the problem of the bad junctions and drivers.

So ban the motorists instead. :roll:

There's no legal basis to be able to 'ban' cyclists or pedestrians, horses, invalid carriages or other road users from any non motorway road though.

I couldn't agree with this more, especially when you consider the emphasis on reducing your carbon footprint these days