Should cycling be banned on most roads in Sheffield?

26b-6

cyclists should be banned from some main roads, as they hinder the rest of the traffic trying to get safely past them, especially as they dont seem to be able to steer a straight course and take up half the road.

I think you mean they "take up a whole lane", something they are LEGALLY entitled to do and its actually the recommended way to cycle on a busy road to avoid being overtaken too closely and pushed into the curb.

A cyclist weaving in the lane should make zero difference to a motorist as a legal overtake involves moving into the other lane anyway.

Sometimes weaving is a cyclists way of trying to force the impatient motorists behind to overtake properly, other times they may just be tired from trying to cycle faster due to those impatient motorists honking at them.

Anyone sat in a nice warm car has no right to complain. I'd much rather be them than a cyclist but some of us can't afford to run a car, mostly due to the insurance cost. (which would also screw us over if we were forced to pay insurance)

I don't cycle often due to my health but I much prefer the pavement for my own safety but then you have the same motorists complaining that cyclists are undertaking them on the pavement and "its illegal". Those same motorists happy to park on the pavement, just as illegal, in fact its the same law.

So yeah, keep telling me how cyclists shouldn't be allowed on the road.

Edited by AlexAtkin