Grey Skies, Nothing But Grey Skies..

3 hours ago, trastrick said:

Yes I did, but it involves reconstructing the data from different sources, and is discouraging to say the least.  If you could post a link to a site that has an updated year by year list of  actual Earth average temperatures, as measured by satellite, rather than the anomalies, I would be most grateful.

They make the raw data is available - that alone make it nonsense to claim they are hiding the results. They also provide it in a partially processed form that is convenient for those in the field to use. If you don't like that then download the raw data and process it yourself. It's neither their job nor mine to process the data into the particular form you want.

Speaking of anomalies, that was a cute bit of two step boogie you just engaged in, after I had to explain to you in a previous post why NOAA uses anomalies, instead of empirical data.

No you didn't. At best you explained what anomalies are in this context. You also made some claims about why they provide the data in the form they do which are undermined by the fact they they make the raw data available.

1 hour ago, altus said:

They make the raw data is available - that alone make it nonsense to claim they are hiding the results. They also provide it in a partially processed form that is convenient for those in the field to use. If you don't like that then download the raw data and process it yourself. It's neither their job nor mine to process the data into the particular form you want.

No you didn't. At best you explained what anomalies are in this context. You also made some claims about why they provide the data in the form they do which are undermined by the fact they they make the raw data available.

"....the fact they they make the raw data available."

Ok Einstein.

Where is the raw data on the actual average Earth temperature over the 42 year satellite record? From NASA or NOAA?

I've been studying this for a long time and all I can find is raw data that shows the much discussed "anomalies". Comparisons, like those mentioned above.

Grasia!

32 minutes ago, trastrick said:

"....the fact they they make the raw data available."

Ok Einstein.

Where is the raw data on the actual average Earth temperature over the 42 year satellite record? From NASA or NOAA?

I've been studying this for a long time and all I can find is raw data that shows the much discussed "anomalies". Comparisons, like those mentioned above.

Grasia!

I said they make the RAW data available, that is individual temperature measurements multiple times per day from thousands of points around the world, not the data processed how you'd like it to be. As I said, it's neither their job nor mine to provide you with the data in the form you'd like.

Alternatively, you could use a value from the chart of average temperatures on the page I linked to in post #89 to convert the other datasets of anomalies to temperatures.

1 minute ago, butlers said:

Think it's 26,000 monitering stations.

Baring in mind the graph farrago ..more data is the last thing Trastrict needs 

That's why I suggested converting the anomaly datasets to temperatures - it's a lot less work.

Thought not!

Lol

12 hours ago, altus said:

I said they make the RAW data available, that is individual temperature measurements multiple times per day from thousands of points around the world, not the data processed how you'd like it to be. As I said, it's neither their job nor mine to provide you with the data in the form you'd like.

Alternatively, you could use a value from the chart of average temperatures on the page I linked to in post #89 to convert the other datasets of anomalies to temperatures.

Your rabbit hole link, led to a HADcrut4 data site, which allows downloads only of more yep, you guessed it, "anomalies".

Butler's rabbit hole link graph farrago, led to a procedure for analyzing metadata.

You: "I said they make the RAW data available"

Me: Unless you can show me where, by a simple link, where raw data (actual Earth's yearly average temperatures from 1979 to 2020, not anomalies) is "made available", you are just talking through your assets.

With that data, no "conversion" is necessary.

*Note: You cannot convert "anomalies" to actual temperatures. They are just comparative values.

The annual average temperature of any city can easily be found going back 50 years or more, so what's the big reason to hide the true temperature of the Earth?

I ask in the interests of science!

Anyone?

Lol

2 hours ago, trastrick said:

Thought not!

You posted a graph and said you wanted temperatures so I posted a link to a graph with temperatures.

Me: Unless you can show me where, by a simple link, where raw data (actual Earth's yearly average temperatures from 1979 to 2020, not anomalies) is "made available", you are just talking through your assets.

Terrestrial Air Temperature: 1900-2017 Gridded Monthly Time Series There you go. I've even checked it has temperatures in degrees C. You'll have to generate your own yearly averages though - remember, it's not other people's responsibility to provide the data in exactly the format you want.

With that data, no "conversion" is necessary.

*Note: You cannot convert "anomalies" to actual temperatures. They are just comparative values.

Yes you can. The anomaly values are just the temperatures with the average subtracted. To convert back to temperatures you just have to add the average temperature value to the anomalies. Temperatures and anomalies both go up and down in step by the same amount, one is just offset from the other and is why your insistence on having temperature values will not provide you with what you hope to find. That you don't understand that doesn't say much for your ability to understand the science or make use of the data I linked to above.

Ok Einstein, you can save the lecture.

Again, either intentionally or otherwise, you are missing the whole point of this conversation.

You say "to convert back to temperatures you just have to add the average temperature value to the anomalies"

We have the "anomalies", lots of them, Lol

What we don't have is "average temperature" from any official source I can find. And  X = X +/- Y is not a valid equation.

Of course, if I could find "the average temperature" I wouldn't need to convert anything. Lol

Don't suppose you can point me to this "average temperature" source,  could you?

Don't worry, if you can't.

Neither has any global warmer been able to do on the many platforms where this issue has been discussed, ad infinitum.

To repeat, I'm looking for the average temperature, for each year of the period 1979 to 2020. The satellite era.

If you can find them, I'll be forever grateful, and will have actually learned something for my time here!

Thanking you in advance!

Lol

Edited by trastrick

4 hours ago, trastrick said:

Ok Einstein, you can save the lecture.

Again, either intentionally or otherwise, you are missing the whole point of this conversation.

You say "to convert back to temperatures you just have to add the average temperature value to the anomalies"

We have the "anomalies", lots of them, Lol

What we don't have is "average temperature" from any official source I can find.

That chart I posted a link to plus the anomaly data is enough to convert the temperature anomaly values to absolute temperatures. If you' re incapable of understanding how that's your problem.

And  X = X +/- Y is not a valid equation.

It's exactly how you add/remove an offset from a value - just like you would when converting between degrees Kelvin and degrees C or between an absolute temperature and one relative to an average.

Of course, if I could find "the average temperature" I wouldn't need to convert anything. Lol

Don't suppose you can point me to this "average temperature" source,  could you?

Don't worry, if you can't.

Neither has any global warmer been able to do on the many platforms where this issue has been discussed, ad infinitum.

To repeat, I'm looking for the average temperature, for each year of the period 1979 to 2020. The satellite era.

If you can find them, I'll be forever grateful, and will have actually learned something for my time here!

The page linked in my last post has download links to temperature data in degrees C. The data are in a commonly used compressed archive format so you'll have no problem being able to accessing it. The page I linked to also has a README file that describes the format of the data. You can load the values for each year into a text editor.

That provides everything you need to calculate the average annual temperatures.

I'm bored of humouring you now. If you are not prepared to calculate the averages yourself then I can only conclude that you don't actually want the information you claim to be so keen on. You just want to moan about not having the information in the exact format you want and be to able to claim you're being denied it as part of some conspiracy.