Loans for the unemployed

You need to get down the Jobcentre asap unless you've got something lined up before April. You have to wait a while before they pay you as the first 7? days they won't pay you for. You could try and ask for them to back date it but I don't think they will unless you've got a very good reason why you couldn't sign on earlier. It isn't nice to sign on hopefully i'll never have to do it again but get down there and when you do say you've got no money and ask if there's any loans available to you. They'll probably say no or ask you if friends/family can help financially. Good Luck

Sheffield Money may be able to help with short term loans, its a not for profit backed by the council afaik.

https://www.facebook.com/sheffieldmoney/

though some say it is not as good as Sheffield Credit Union.

it has gone bust, how does that happen?, not as if people don't need basic loans

Sheffield Credit union is 42% apr for first loan, seems a lot.

Edited by gamezone07

does not it take about 6 weeks before you will get anything tho with a new claim

No, around two weeks. I have known them backdate a JSA claim as far as three months, providing you can convince them you have been actively looking for work, but giving the reason for not claiming as "it's not for me" is unlikely to help. I think you should claim - JSA is a form of insurance, no-one is too proud to claim on their car or life insurance.

I’m out of work at the moment and don’t sign on all my savings have gone I was wondering if there was any loan companies that could would deal with me I start work in April

If you have savings, couldn't you use that money instead of a loan?

Meanwhile, I agree with others on here. Get down to the jobcentre and sign on. At the very least you'll get your NI stamp paid.

Hope your luck changes soon and you can find a good job.