Eating near Hallam Arena?

petemj

:help:

Hi,

I'm coming to see an event at the Hallam Arena with the family & I'm trying to find out if theres any where to eat with in walking distance of the place..

I don't know the area at all as we live in the midlands so any info on what is in the area would be appreciated. (Its an evening event starts at 7:30).

I guess theres places inside but they are usually expensive & not very good (unless anyone can advise me otherwise).

Thanks

Pete

Bang across the road there's one of those entertainment complexes, with a bowling alley, cinema and several eateries.

All average, but family friendly.

Chiquitos (Mexican)

Boardwalk (American)

Bitza Pizza (Pseudo Italian)

Frankie and Bennies (Ditto)

Burger King (er yuck)

Old Orleans (Oh look another american type place)

Just off the M1 (near Meadowhall) there's also a TGI Fridays, along with the other places that are in Meadowhall.

I'd recommend either Frankie and Bennies or Old Orleans at Centertainment - just across the road from the Arena.

theres a brewsers across the road a little further down than the centertainment but about the same distance

they are ok for food and the little ones can have a play as well :D

right just been to find this hope it helps i wasnt sure if you knew your way around so i thought this would help if you fancied the idea of brewsters

enjoy your show

heres a map to show you were brewsters is

http://www.accessplace.com/default_new.php

Hello Pete,

It's not the Sing Live concert on 10th June is it?

If so, just be aware that 1000+ of us singers will be descending on these restaurants at about 5.30-6.00pm so try to get in early. :)

If it is this particular concert then I hope you enjoy the show.

Hello Pete,

It's not the Sing Live concert on 10th June is it?

If so, just be aware that 1000+ of us singers will be descending on these restaurants at about 5.30-6.00pm so try to get in early. :)

If it is this particular concert then I hope you enjoy the show.

Hi, yes it is the SLive concert, not sure how you worked that out from my post though?!?!

I'm singing in it so I'm trying to sort the rest of the family out. As they are shopping at Meadowhall in the afternoon it may be better for them to eat there then travel by supertram to the concert after as it looks as though it goes between meadowhall & the arena...

Cheers,

Pete

bad idea to go to arena square on a concert night - food is usually lousy & so is the service

Yes, agreed.

It really is junk by numbers. Overpriced, understaffed, incredibly poor 'food' and more akin to a playground than a pub.

Personally, I like Chiquitos (sp?) and Old Orleans (especially their Flaming Lamborghinis!).

Hi, yes it is the SLive concert, not sure how you worked that out from my post though?!?!

Hehe - that's why I have this username!

Seriously, it's because I'm in it too so it was the first one that came to mind.

(I hope you've learnt all your words :D )

It may be an idea, as you said, for your family to stay and eat in Meadowhall and yes the tram only takes 5-10 minutes (4 stops) and would cost £1.20.

May see you in Huddersfield. :thumbsup:

Archived