Fitzalan square regeneration

bus man

The end result should be a much cleaner, safer, lighter and generally more pleasant space.

I wonder if they are still going ahead with demolishing the takeaway and convenience store on Arundel Gate to provide a nice route down onto Flat Street as part of this project?

As someone who gets the bus home from Arundel Gate I'd be quite happy with that - the takeaway often smells rancid and the shop seems to do a good trade in selling cheap strong booze to alcoholics and attracts the scroats to the area. Those two shops together make waiting for a bus there not particularly nice, the steps down to Fitzalan Square and Flat Street aren't great either - in terms of accessibility, smell and the people that loiter around them.

I know the trees wernt really the problem but I am glad it looks like a building site right now. Much better than its previous life as being a place for drug addicts and wino's to congregate.

What? That makes no sense whatever. "People are dropping litter on this verge, let's napalm it, that'll fix the problem".

Edited by birobasher

I have been reliably informed , by someone in the know , that the statue of Edward VII is to be replaced by a life size stainless steel statue of Julie Dore . The work has already been commissioned :(

mmmmm............."hackey lad" and "reliably informed" on the same page :suspect::suspect::suspect:

No - does not compute :cool:

A gentrified Fitzallan Square, complete with three bookmakers, a pie shop, a closed down supermarket, a pawn shop and a stall that sells vapes.....I'm sure it will really pull people into it. Instead of chopping down the trees maybe the council should have prioritised getting rid of the chav shops, but as evidenced by the number of 24 hr off licences on West Street selling to the Spice Zombies they really don't seem to give a toss.

A gentrified Fitzallan Square, complete with three bookmakers, a pie shop, a closed down supermarket, a pawn shop and a stall that sells vapes.....I'm sure it will really pull people into it. Instead of chopping down the trees maybe the council should have prioritised getting rid of the chav shops, but as evidenced by the number of 24 hr off licences on West Street selling to the Spice Zombies they really don't seem to give a toss.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: