Fitzalan square regeneration

bus man

There will be some people who come to Sheffield by bus, for some of them on their way to get a tram F Square will be the first thing they see.

But that's only few people, and most people who get to Sheffield and walk straight to tram know what Sheffield is like anyway and F Square doesn't really bother them.

These few people for who F Square is first thing they see when arriving by bus this big investment and huge plans to upgrade it is a clear example that the idiots who invented the new market are still active.

I agree F square is a bit run down and inactive but it doesn't justify this big investment, I thought councils were desperate for money and wanted to increase council tax. If I wanted a new backyard and didn't have the money it would be a completely different story.

This will never happen , but I would rebuild the Bell pub side but keep the former pub has its the only original building left on that side. Rebuild the facade of ' Classic ' cinema and even the domed ' Barclays' bank buildings both once gave the square an air of granduer return the tough that was removed back to its original place. The area needs an new focus either though retail or lesiure.

That's a stupid remark, don't blame the square for how it's turned out, the council let it get in the condition it's in, betting shops, arcades and tacky shops, then the Police ignore the alcoholics and druggies that infest the place, the Police office was shut down thus removing the bit of assurance that it provided.

This is a big issue for me.

I had to walk down to the Samsung shop on Commercial Street when my screen cracked - I don't go down there often as it's very grim!

All I could smell walking past was the unmistakable smell of drugs! There were groups of kids who could only have been 14/15. Why are they left doing this, and why aren't they at school? The police should be round there clearing them up until they stop, but sadly I suspect funding stops that :(

Areas like this make Sheffield an embarrassment. They're not unique to Sheffield, of course, but they are hideous.

This is a big issue for me.

I had to walk down to the Samsung shop on Commercial Street when my screen cracked - I don't go down there often as it's very grim!

All I could smell walking past was the unmistakable smell of drugs! There were groups of kids who could only have been 14/15. Why are they left doing this, and why aren't they at school? The police should be round there clearing them up until they stop, but sadly I suspect funding stops that :(

Half term?

Problem is that even when you put a good restaurant and pub down there it is too far away from city centre buzz and there is no parking either for drivers to feel like using it.

Some people were complaining about too many buses and trams and then you mention not enough cars. Seems like pedestrianisation is the only way forward.

Problem is that even when you put a good restaurant and pub down there it is too far away from city centre buzz and there is no parking either for drivers to feel like using it.

Fitzalan Square does have its own tram stop though, plus a taxi rank, and it's just a stone's throw from the bus interchange. Just right for people who want to have a drink I would have thought.

Edit: Forgot to add that there is parking in lower Pond Street between Ponds Forge and the sorting office, just down the steps from the Square (via Bakers Hill).

Edited by horribleblob

That's a stupid remark, don't blame the square for how it's turned out, the council let it get in the condition it's in, betting shops, arcades and tacky shops, then the Police ignore the alcoholics and druggies that infest the place, the Police office was shut down thus removing the bit of assurance that it provided.

I agree with you, a very stupid remark.