Man sentenced to life for brutal murder

Imagine if it was your lad that had killed someone, if you dont care about how I despatch him then you won't stop me killing him by injecting him with Domestos and sticking a sword up his jacksie until it reaches his heart....your rules remember.

Mickey Finn.

Stop and reflect on that for a while mickey...would you really do that to another human being? To some mother's son?

If the answer is yes (and not, as I hope, you being a bit OTT to make a very unconvincing point) then how does that make you any less wrong than the perpetrator of this horrible killing?

---------- Post added 05-03-2018 at 18:46 ----------

If this animal had been my lad he would have to face up to what he had done. End of.

There can be no reason on this earth why scum like this should receive ANY sympathy. To stab someone 20 odd times is horrific, there is no way ANY compasion of any kind should be bestowed on this animal. He really ought to be put down for his crime, like the dog he is.

Angel1

If your lad killed someone would you put him down?

Or would you stand and watch while someone else did it for you?

Edited by Halibut

The 'what if it was your daughter/mum/son/gran/cousin/dad/uncle/granddad' argument is an old favourite. Always gets reeled out.

Interestingly though, you never hear the family of victims say "yeah, I'd feel so much better, and it would really help us all if the criminal was viciously and brutally put to death."

Vicious vengeance is something we left behind long ago, and won't be returning to thankfully!

An eye for an eye.

Do unto others as they have done to you.

Both sound bits of advice.

Angel1.

Stop and reflect on that for a while mickey...would you really do that to another human being? To some mother's son?

If the answer is yes (and not, as I hope, you being a bit OTT to make a very unconvincing point) then how does that make you any less wrong than the perpetrator of this horrible killing?

If your lad killed someone would you put him down?

Or would you stand and watch while someone else did it for you?

Sorry H maybe the post wasnt clear enough, I was simply taking Anglefire1 to task on his post, it was not about something i would ever want inflicting on another person.

Sorry H maybe the post wasnt clear enough, I was simply taking Anglefire1 to task on his post, it was not about something i would ever want inflicting on another person.

Beg pardon. Do you believe in the death penalty though mickey?

24 years is NOT life, life should mean life, when you come out it's in a wooden overcoat. For this kind of a heinous killing, the death penalty should be used, not bothered what method is employed to get rid of this scum either.

Before replying, just imagine if this had been your daughter that had been slaughtered.

Angel1.

Before posting read and understand what the story says

he HASNT been sentenced to 24 years, he got life with a MINIMUM of 24, hopefully when thats up they understand hes still a danger

Good on you. Were there any particular cases or lines of thinking that made you change your mind?

Not really, I just dont think it solves anything at all, also some people have been executed for crimes that were committed on the spur of the moment and not in the slightest bit planned, how can killing someone for that be right.