The Future. Good or Bad. What do you think?

See if you're likely to be without a job in the future...

100 top jobs most likely to go with robotics / automation

and

100 jobs least likely to go with robotics / automation.

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/news/article-2642880/Table-700-jobs-reveals-professions-likely-replaced-robots.html

No news yet on what jobs they're going to be replaced with, or what people are going to do for an income.

The people then didn't pay enough.....easy maths..not enough in,too much out...

__________________________________________________________________________________________--

30% tax on income, and all the other taxes on top; VAT etc.

98% tax on income over £200,000 (including tax on investments etc.)

Edited by mort

98% tax on income over £20,000 (including tax on investments etc.)

Yes I know..I was there..but you keep saying that these times were better..make your mind up or are you saying high tax is a good thing?

Edited by mort
broken tags again

Yes, Labour policy of high tax, encouraged people to move abroad to avoid losing most of their income.

I blame Thatcher for it!! :rant::rant: :hihi:

Won't you think of the children?! of the racing drivers, who couldn't get life insurance for their wives and kids when they risked their lives every week, and lost most of it to tax... so one said let's move to Monaco... and the rich saw this, and guess what happened?

Hard to unfix stupid tax laws.

Yes I know..I was there..but you keep saying that these times were better..make your mind up or are you saying high tax is a good thing?

30% is a lot, but we had excellent pensions and services, so personally I think it was worth it. They pay these sorts of rates in Scandinavian countries and they have the best state of the art services, a steady economy, and a happy people.

As for the 98% only 750,000 were in this tax bracket, they were the super rich of the day and probably still had £millions to spare.

If I was paying 30% I would expect the super rich to pay about 50% as long as they actually paid it, and didn't employ teams of dodgy accountants to avoid it. They'd still have billions left.

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 00:11 ----------

Yes, Labour policy of high tax, encouraged people to move abroad to avoid losing most of their income.

I blame Thatcher for it!! :rant::rant: :hihi:

Won't you think of the children?! of the racing drivers, who couldn't get life insurance for their wives and kids when they risked their lives every week, and lost most of it to tax... so one said let's move to Monaco... and the rich saw this, and guess what happened?

Hard to unfix stupid tax laws.

The super rich still move abroad to avoid tax now, with their pals the Tories in charge.

Face it, they just don't like paying tax. The richer they are, the greedier they get.

Edited by mort
broken tags again

More statistics Anna that are wrong..(you want to look a bit closer)

Thought everything was better off in the 1970's?

Edited by mort
broken tags again

30% is a lot, but we had excellent pensions and services, so personally I think it was worth it. They pay these sorts of rates in Scandinavian countries and they have the best state of the art services, a steady economy, and a happy people.

As for the 98% only 750,000 were in this tax bracket, they were the super rich of the day and probably still had £millions to spare.

If I was paying 30% I would expect the super rich to pay about 50% as long as they actually paid it, and didn't employ teams of dodgy accountants to avoid it. They'd still have billions left.

The super rich still move abroad to avoid tax now, with their pals the Tories in charge.

Face it, they just don't like paying tax. The richer they are, the greedier they get.

The tax burden on the wealthy has almost trebled since the 1970s.

High earners are now responsible for paying a higher proportion of Britain's total income tax bill than they have done under any Labour government.

Edited by mort
broken tags again

Scandinavians happy?Can you explain their suicide rates,,,about twice the Uk's? What was the state pension in the 70's...

Edited by truman