£11 for 15 minutes of Care..

And yet, most of the people criticizing that are now themselves ignoring high quality evidence, not because of the evidence, but because of who supplied it.

Yes. It's annoying isnt it. Maybe Anna will stop doing it.

When Anna stops ignoring evidence and debates like an adult, I guess people will start looking at what she has to say again. It's telling though that at least three regular posters all with different political positions have turned round at the same time and called Anna out for this. I'd have though that would tell people something....

Please understand - we don't have any problems at all at looking at the evidence. The issue entirely is Anna's refusal to consider evidence from other sources. That's basically just echo chamber debating and is ultimately pointless.

I'd suggest engaging with the evidence she's supplied, either by agreeing it is high quality, thus encouraging her to look for more of the same in future debates, or, by pointing out its flaws.

Is there any actual quality evidence that could be brought forwards against the UN report?

and yet, Anna has now provided, arguably, the highest quality evidence in the entire thread.

Maybe if some of you engaged with her on that evidence, she might develop a tendency in future, to be more engaging with evidence in general (assuming it's high quality evidence, of course)?

If I posted evidence regarding, for example, the rights disabled people have in terms of anti-discrimination legislation, the level and long term growth of financial and other benefits provided to disabled people (with comparisons to other countries), figures on the accessibility of buildings and public transport, education provision and the efforts made to include disabled children in mainstream schools (we could have a debate about whether that is good or not) would Anna care to read and critique that information on its merits and have an adult and reasoned debate?

If not, it’s not worth my time.

Yes. It's annoying isnt it. Maybe Anna will stop doing it.

When Anna stops ignoring evidence and debates like an adult, I guess people will start looking at what she has to say again. It's telling though that at least three regular posters all with different political positions have turned round at the same time and called Anna out for this. I'd have though that would tell people something....

I think some people, perhaps those on the cynical side, may also have observed that this calling out by 3 posters also occurred directly after Anna produced some high-quality evidence that is quite difficult to argue against.

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 15:08 ----------

If I posted evidence regarding, for example, the rights disabled people have in terms of anti-discrimination legislation, the level and long term growth of financial and other benefits provided to disabled people (with comparisons to other countries), figures on the accessibility of buildings and public transport, education provision and the efforts made to include disabled children in mainstream schools (we could have a debate about whether that is good or not) would Anna care to read and critique that information on its merits and have an adult and reasoned debate?

If not, it’s not worth my time.

Post one- just one, then you'll see whether or not she would. Then you'll know.

I'd suggest engaging with the evidence she's supplied, either by agreeing it is high quality, thus encouraging her to look for more of the same in future debates, or, by pointing out its flaws.

Is there any actual quality evidence that could be brought forwards against the UN report?

I've said it before and you appear not to be listening.

I've no intention at all of bringing new evidence because ANNA WONT LOOK AT IT.

When she agrees to do that - they we can proceed.

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 15:10 ----------

I think some people, perhaps those on the cynical side, may also have observed that this calling out by 3 posters also occurred directly after Anna produced some high-quality evidence that is quite difficult to argue against.

No we were calling her out way before that.

It occurred after we posted evidence and she dismissed it because apparently she thinks all statistics and evidence is worthless. That was before she herself posted some evidence. It is certainly not a distraction technique on my part as I raised this issue before she posted the report.

I think I’ll wait for confirmation that she’s changed her mind about evidence being useless beforehand..

We already know ...There's been loads posted in various threads..she's ignored or pooh-pooh'd it all unless it's agreed with her world view...

just a bit of friendly advice when joining in discussion with a certain poster be careful what you say to them it could result in you being given a forum holiday:roll:

I suggest you all engage with Onewheeldave who has provided the highest quality evidence, but I doubt you will. You will instead pontificate on the nature of evidence, statistics et al, like you always do without addressing the argument at all.

Let's see.