£11 for 15 minutes of Care..

People know what I think about statistics etc, but continue to use them (their priviledge) and criticise me for not using them. When I then use them back I am criticised for that too.

Anecdotal 'evidence' is also routinely rubbished, so I really can't win can I?

However that doesn't mean I'm not going to try, so get used to it.

So if you dislike statitics and evidence so much why are YOU trying to use them to bolster your case?

Do you not see the logical disconnect here? You are saying that we cannot do something but you can purely because you are somehow special. You are not special. Get over it and debate like a mature adult.

So if you dislike statitics and evidence so much why are YOU trying to use them to bolster your case?

Do you not see the logical disconnect here? You are saying that we cannot do something but you can purely because you are somehow special. You are not special. Get over it and debate like a mature adult.

Why do you keep using statistics, then criticise me for doing exactly the same?

Forum rule:

14. You must only post contributions to the Website which are factually accurate or which are your genuinely held opinions based on true facts.

So never be surprised when someone asks for something to support your point of view

Forum rule:

14. You must only post contributions to the Website which are factually accurate or which are your genuinely held opinions based on true facts.

So never be surprised when someone asks for something to support your point of view

Which Anna has now done.

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 13:59 ----------

The UN isn't whiter than white

http://www.defenddemocracy.org/united-nations-corruption-and-the-need-for-reform/

There'll be agendas involved there as well...

The group criticizing the UN is "Foundation for Defense of Democracies- Fighting Terrorism and Promoting Freedom"- I think there most certainly will be agendas involved with that organisation :)

Which Anna has now done.

This isn't about Anna calling someone out much as she wishes it were. It is her assertion that was made that

"We've been through this many many times... evidence /statistics can be found to support any position."

and the followon from that which is that she chooses to ignore what she doesnt like.

I've supported my position with evidence. If Anna wants to disregard any evidence then fine - but it gets turned right back on her and we disregard all her evidence.

Since she has made it abundantly clear she will just dieregard any evidence she doesnt like I won't go to the trouble of giving any.

Why do you keep using statistics, then criticise me for doing exactly the same?

Let me be clear. We’re not critising you for using statistics.

We are criticising you for saying statistics are useless when we post them, but valid you post them.

If you want to debate, you need to accept statistics and evidence matter.

and yet, Anna has now provided, arguably, the highest quality evidence in the entire thread.

Maybe if some of you engaged with her on that evidence, she might develop a tendency in future, to be more engaging with evidence in general (assuming it's high quality evidence, of course)?

and yet, Anna has now provided, arguably, the highest quality evidence in the entire thread.

Maybe if some of you engaged with her on that evidence, she might develop a tendency in future, to be more engaging with evidence in general (assuming it's high quality evidence, of course)?

She's ignored high quality evidence before...she'll do it again if it suits her...

Why?

She will only turn round when it suits her and decide that anything we post is worthless. So why should we engage with someone whose acting like a child?

Please understand - we don't have any problems at all at looking at the evidence. The issue entirely is Anna's refusal to consider evidence from other sources. That's basically just echo chamber debating and is ultimately pointless.