The Sexist Mrs May

Thanks Nikki, I was unaware that it was.

It was at PMQ'S, I watched it live and I heard the amusing response she gave.

You needed to be there. :hihi:

It was at PMQ'S, I watched it live and I heard the amusing response she gave.

You needed to be there. :hihi:

Some people clutching at straws on here

Go on then. Deconstruct the joke and explain why it was so very funny.

I’ve avoided tv all day, so it will be new to me. Let’s see if it makes me laugh

I think she was making a quip..

So sexist quips are ok then?

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:04 ----------

It didn't have to be explained.

We know the Tory leader, any Tory leader isn't going to be popular with the Sheff forum regulars but you don't have to make yourselves look like humourless idiots.

Ahh, so highlighting sexist activities makes us humourless?

Its clear where you are coming from...

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:10 ----------

Actually Mrs May has form in being sexist - "but with his position on Brexit he will find himself alone and naked in the negotiating chamber of the European Union.

“Now I know that is an image that doesn’t bear thinking about but actually this is very serious.”"

If a man has suggested that a woman would find themselves "alone and naked in the negotiating chamber" then he would have been pilloried.

This just shows how Mrs May has one rule for herself, and one for those she demeans.

So sexist quips are ok then?

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:04 ----------

Ahh, so highlighting sexist activities makes us humourless?

Its clear where you are coming from...

---------- Post added 07-03-2018 at 23:10 ----------

Actually Mrs May has form in being sexist - "but with his position on Brexit he will find himself alone and naked in the negotiating chamber of the European Union.

“Now I know that is an image that doesn’t bear thinking about but actually this is very serious.”"

If a man has suggested that a woman would find themselves "alone and naked in the negotiating chamber" then he would have been pilloried.

This just shows how Mrs May has one rule for herself, and one for those she demeans.

:loopy::loopy::loopy::loopy:

So, mansplaining is an ok term to use then?

Surely the hypocrite that is the Prime Minister should be taken to task for this.

Or are we ok to use MrsUnderstanding for when women don't grasp the simplest of concepts?

Why shouldn't it be an OK term to use?

"mansplaining"—explaining without regard to the fact that the explainee knows more than the explainer, often done by a man to a woman

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2012/11/a-cultural-history-of-mansplaining/264380/

It's obviously touched a nerve with some people - maybe they've sat in disgust watching the evening news and felt the need to explain their discomfort to their wives.

Why shouldn't it be an OK term to use?

"mansplaining"—explaining without regard to the fact that the explainee knows more than the explainer, often done by a man to a woman

https://www.theatlantic.com/sexes/archive/2012/11/a-cultural-history-of-mansplaining/264380/

It's obviously touched a nerve with some people - maybe they've sat in disgust watching the evening news and felt the need to explain their discomfort to their wives.

Would you like me to explain it to you properly? :cool:

So, mansplaining is an ok term to use then?

Surely the hypocrite that is the Prime Minister should be taken to task for this.

Or are we ok to use MrsUnderstanding for when women don't grasp the simplest of concepts?

it was a joke, anyone who saw it realised it, are you so thin skinned?