Local remapping and EGR delete recommendations

The MOT is changing in May…...

My buddy has an MOT garage, I'll pop up tommorow and pick his brains.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 12-03-2018 at 18:09 ----------

I thought that if i fitted a blanking plate, i'd need the EGR deleted as well?

What's the point of the EGR valve being there if there's a blanking plate in place?

Thanks for the replies guys

That's the idea, remove it and blank it off, or take it off, put blanking plate on then re fit the EGR. The blanking plate then stops it working.

Angel1.

My buddy has an MOT garage, I'll pop up tommorow and pick his brains.

Angel1.

---------- Post added 12-03-2018 at 18:09 ----------

That's the idea, remove it and blank it off, or take it off, put blanking plate on then re fit the EGR. The blanking plate then stops it working.

Angel1.

And what about the pipes coming off the unit? I've seen a video where the guy just blocked them up, but he didn't go in to any details about if it is safe to do so and if it messes with the cars management system.

Best thing to do is have a look at the EGR thread on a forum relating to your car. There will be lots of information and advice on your particular model.

For example, on my 2L diesel I didn't even need a blanking plate. I just had to unplug an electrical connector and block a vacuum pipe with a golf tee. (Google "egr golf tee" )

The only equipment they need is their diagnostic computer attached to the car's onboard computer. That's the way they do it over here these days, no more tailpipe emissions testing.

They don't want to and/or can't afford to refit all MOT garages with a new computer.

It's also doubtful they are competent enough to even select the right computer to use should they wish to change.

The only equipment they need is their diagnostic computer attached to the car's onboard computer. That's the way they do it over here these days, no more tailpipe emissions testing.

That entirely depends on the car. Try that on a 10 year old car, 20 year old....

That entirely depends on the car. Try that on a 10 year old car, 20 year old....

In Ontario, 20 plus-year-old cars are exempt from the emissions test, but 10-year-olds will certainly have onboard computers, they have been around longer than people may think. Of course, there are different rules from country to country, example in Canada we do not have to have annual MOT testing. One legally only has to get a safety check upon the sale of the car. In other words, you can keep the same car for 20 odd years and never have to be tested, except for your own peace of mind. In Ontario we have to be emission tested every 2 years on cars over 3 years old.

In Ontario, 20 plus-year-old cars are exempt from the emissions test, but 10-year-olds will certainly have onboard computers, they have been around longer than people may think.

They will, but they won't monitor the emissions in any detailed way, if at all.

All I can get with my diagnostic equipment is how much the DPF filter is blocked and simple measurements of air, voltage and current at the upstream and downstream O2 sensors.

It doesn't really sound like Canada or the state of Ontario are a shining example of how to perform an MOT :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

in Canada we do not have to have annual MOT testing.

In Ontario, 20 plus-year-old cars are exempt from the emissions test

In Ontario we have to be emission tested every 2 years

I'm looking for a remap and EGR delete on a Peugeot 207 1.6 HDI. Does anyone know anywhere local that is really good?

I've heard that the HDI is slightly different to other turbo diesel units so needs someone in the know to do a good job of it.

Thanks

Doesn't that result in higher exhaust emissions?