Jamie Carragher

A 'full' video would show the entire interaction, starting at the beginning. I can't get the video to play on the Sky website. Does it start at the beginning of the interaction?

I'm not excusing what he did, whichever way you cut it, it's wrong.

Him being in the wrong though, does not put the people goading him in the right.

If it was me, I'd just think couple of idiots in a car who are desperate to get a rise out of me; and completely ignore them.

I cant abide spitting, but I agree with the above. The Father (who is clearly filming it all while driving) even seems quite excited that it happened, obviously seeing newspaper headlines in his head, 'Ooooo Jamie Carragher spat at my Daughter'.

The Daughters obviously embarrassed, and keeps telling him to shut up, and stop it.

Edited by nikki-red

The car driver was quite clearly taunting him, even to the extent that that he's being told by his daughter not to do it.

He then quite clearly revels in it. "Nice, very nice Jamie Carragher" before finally responding to his daughter, who again tells him to stop being such a dick.

There's no way Carragher should have done what he did but the father was a pillock as well.

No doubt the ££££s flashed in front of his eyes when he got home and immediately starting contacting media outlets.

I'm pretty much seeing it this way too.

Also, would hope the dad doesn't regularly draw his daughter in to confrontations like this.

It's not a bit of banter, they must have seen him getting ****** off. If you're having a bit of good natured banter with someone, you can tell by the vide they good off, and you're both getting something positive from the interaction. There is an element of sensitivity to the other person. Clearly, that wasn't the case here.

Hopefully you're more sensible and fair minded and don't get yourself and your daughter in to these kind of situations.

we can only go on what the video actually shows and from what ive seen its harmless banter between 2 blokes who support 2 football clubs even if it was more than harmeless football banter no matter what he said are did you dont spit at someone especially at a kid

we can only go on what the video actually shows and from what ive seen its harmless banter between 2 blokes who support 2 football clubs even if it was more than harmeless football banter no matter what he said are did you dont spit at someone especially at a kid

We should agree to disagree grand. I'm just not seeing it as harmless banter.

I do agree with your point that it's no excuse, and spitting is a no no.

Jamie Carragher will get grief and aggro far worse from many Man U fans.

He’s an ex professional player and current professional TV pundit. If he can’t handle an idiot shouting 2-1 he shouldn’t be in the job he’s in.

He has been suspended, but no doubt will soon be back, all forgotten about...what a pillock.

If he goes to the same court and has the same Judge as Gerrard he will get away with it as will this flippin Cricketer whos due up soon. Celebs always get away with stuff. Dont even Get me started with Richard and Judy., my god she was always drunk on This Mornining. :hihi: no wonder, she was Boozing for free, Richard was nickin it. Until he got caugh, and yet still got away with it.:suspect:

I don't know him, but he doesn't seem like the kind of person to spit at others for no reason. Also, only seen a very short video clip, we don't know what events led up to him spitting. I agree it's no excuse for spitting though, he should have just ignored these idiots.

Horrible thug . I remember when he was playing and someone phoned a football phone in ( talksport ?) and criticised him . He was immediately on the phone challenging the fan to a bare knuckle fight at the training ground :loopy:

Horrible thug . I remember when he was playing and someone phoned a football phone in ( talksport ?) and criticised him . He was immediately on the phone challenging the fan to a bare knuckle fight at the training ground :loopy:

should he have called for pistols at dawn instead ?